• Total voters

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yep the numbers and age for open carry do not surprise me one bit. And if you would have lowered the open carry age to include 18-20 year olds you would have seen an even larger influx of oc'ers. Age is wisdom. Keep'em covered. Its for your benefit.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    For my benefit? Horth thit!

Yep the numbers and age for open carry do not surprise me one bit. And if you would have lowered the open carry age to include 18-20 year olds you would have seen an even larger influx of oc'ers. Age is wisdom. Keep'em covered. Its for your benefit.

Oh really? Check out my 65 year old butt! :)

G30ampBlackhawkSERPA005.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Age is wisdom. Keep'em covered. Its for your benefit.

Now, now :nono:

...surely you're old and wise enough to understand that such an attempt to support your personal opinion with something as feeble as popularity is going to be challenged, right?

Right? :@ya:

ETA: I seem to have fallen into the 41-50 group. Medium old OCer here.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Lol, ok so I was kinda picking a friendly fight with my comment and got called out. Touché old timers :):
    if you know what your doing then I don't see any problem with OC or cc. The key is in the "know what your doing" ;)

Edit: I think oc'ing is as American as hot dogs and baseball, but maybe that's cause I'm a country/mountain southern boy? Seems like the city slicker sheep get all worked up. I don't know if its me that doesn't fit in or they that don't.

Last edited:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Vince49, that's the second time I've seen that nice butt, er I mean rig of yours. Looks good!! Love the carbon Serpa/glock action!

Hang around the West side of Indy much and you are likely to see it up close! :) Today it was in the office of Dr. Geckler DVM, Indiana Members Credit Union on 10th ST, the new Wal-Mart by Lowes and in Lowes on 10th St. Marsh on Crawfordsville RD, MCF&G for Thursday Night Trap, and the BP station at 16th and Tibbs Ave. I probably left out a few places but that is fairly typical especially Lowes as this house is as old as I am and is a never ending project! :cool:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm not sure where I fall in this. I carry in a belt holster. Usually there is a shirt whose coverage of the weapon is half-vast. I don't really care if anyone sees it. Sometimes it is covered and sometimes not. I guess the longer I wear it the less it is covered as I usually don't spend any time adjusting anything once I am out the door. I guess you would call it lazy cc or loose clothes oc, your choice.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Now, now :nono:

...surely you're old and wise enough to understand that such an attempt to support your personal opinion with something as feeble as popularity is going to be challenged, right?

Right? :@ya:

ETA: I seem to have fallen into the 41-50 group. Medium old OCer here.
    But it's what the "pros" tell us to do....

:):

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Thinking back on the OC vs CC threads, I'm surprised at the current results.

I think those discussions primarily served to defend and promote a respect for reasoning and choice rather than to sway preferences.

Nearly every preference poll here through the last several years has hovered around 85% concealed 15% open, but the once common "any way but my way is just stupid" comments seem to have declined.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    31-40 concealed... Most of the time, I carry OWB 1911, but put a long shirt or other cover garment on to limit the frightening of the sheeple. I don't worry too much if I print, as most folks don't know what to look for anyway...

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    What about those of us that swing both ways?

What you do behind closed doors is none of my business, but I think the poll is asking how you like carry :):

Smartass comments aside, Im 21, and I carry both ways, but I selected OC, even though it is a pretty even split. My father, who is 51 and just started carrying this year primarily carries OC as well.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    It's not a big deal but your poll doesn't cover the actual ages for carrying a handgun. I started carrying at age 18 since state law allows me too. But law states i can't buy my own until 21. Not a big deal since im over 21 now but just a thought about your poll.. Also i generally always OC. only time i cc is if my shirt falls over it or my coat or something. I don't hide it. And people still don't realize i carry most of the time when it's out in the open.

Top Bottom