• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rem788

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    indy west
    "Bout time for road contruction/pot hole repairs, right?" This started almost immediately after the southern section of I69 was completed south of Bloomington. The transition ramp from the roads to the bridges kept sinking on almost all the bridges and have been repaired multiple times. There were lane closures almost immediately for reconstruction of the slopes next to road that were eroding. Potholes to follow soon, no doubt.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Maybe now INDOT can pay more attention to the existing roads that have have been crumbling from years of neglect while I69 consumed resources and $$$ beyond belief. :dunno:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sure the state is already looking for their next 16 year 10 billion dollar never ending road project
    Mitch Daniels had a good plan but apparently we are not as smart as our grandfathers were. Our grandfathers built this massive interstate way out in the boonies we now call 465, can you Indy people imagine life in Indy without 465? Daniels wanted to build half of a proposed outer loop from Anderson to Franklin (maybe Columbus) but you get the idea, but the trial balloon was popped. We have NO vision!

“Governor Mitch Daniels wants to build a 75-mile long tollway around Indianapolis. He wants a public-private partnership to build the outer-belt tollway. It would run through six counties and connect several interstates from I-69 in Hamilton County to I-70 at Indianapolis International Airport.”

“The connection points for the proposed tollway - ambitiously dubbed the Indiana Commerce Connector - include Pendleton, Greenfield, Shelbyville, Franklin and Martinsville, as well as the airport.”

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I wonder what they're going to do with the truckstops which are still located at the old 37 and 465 location. I'm sure they've built access to them but I haven't been over there to see what it looks like yet.

There was a small spur going over that way from 465 but I don’t know if it’s still open. It looked pretty finished for something they would abandon.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    That WAS going to be my FIRST response, but then I went with bigger cities!

Henderson is awesome!
    What they need to do with Henderson is erect a series of green "Business I-69" signs on the US41 strip between between I-69/Veterans Parkway in Evansville and the resumption of I-69 south of Henderson on what used to be the Pennyrille Parkway.

But with the completion of the connection to I-465 on the south side of Indianapolis, next year I will be able to get to the Speedway (or at least to the traffic jam heading for the Speedway) about 10 minutes more quickly.;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom