• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I saw this article a few minutes ago. Granted, he's running for Senator in Mo. as a democrat. But, he's a Marine.

Afghanistan has become such a huge, public cluster**** that it can't be hidden and his campaign is likely losing little by admitting that truth

Do you happen to have a quote or link about his position on whether 1/6 was an insurrection and the greatest challenge to our democracy since The War Between the States? If so, that would likely be a more useful tell about his honesty going forward

Even thoroughly modern Milley had postings with the 82nd airborne and 5th SFG and Bootyjuice and Kerry both served (with both hands) so just being military isn't a guarantee against backing the wrong faction vis a vis liberty and freedom.

More like a vaccination

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Afghanistan has become such a huge, public cluster**** that it can't be hidden and his campaign is likely losing little by admitting that truth

Do you happen to have a quote or link about his position on whether 1/6 was an insurrection and the greatest challenge to our democracy since The War Between the States? If so, that would likely be a more useful tell about his honesty going forward

Even thoroughly modern Milley had postings with the 82nd airborne and 5th SFG and Bootyjuice and Kerry both served (with both hands) so just being military isn't a guarantee against backing the wrong faction vis a vis liberty and freedom.

More like a vaccination

I don't know anything about the guy other than what I put in the previous post. It may be confirmation bias on my part, but I thought his assessment of the Afghanistan situation was realistic.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Pulling out of Afghanistan was going to be chaos no matter what. The problem isn't that, but rather how it was organized to minimize the chaos and damage.

Kabul airport has one (1) runway...one! So you knew leaving would be a slow process.

They were told to pull out the military first, the State Dept would do the rest. Well, the military got it's job done. Then had to come back in because State was a ClusterF***.

There are about 10,000 American civilians left in Kabul. The Brits sent troops in to pull their people out. The FRENCH sent troops in to pull their people out. America? Nah, they're on their own. When the British went in they even had to leave someone at the airport to watch the American troops because they didn't trust us to be there or let them back in.

This was going to be messy, but it did NOT have to be a massive pile of Bantha poodoo like it is now!

And how will we get our people out? Really? It takes a bunch to hold the fences. Okay. So what happens when our troop numbers dwindle down to a point that they can NOT hold back the tide of Afghans?

All we can say, in all honesty, is thank God the Taliban leadership is trying to let us leave peacefully! Really. All it would take is a few mortar rounds or artillery and the lone airstrip where we are bunched in is gone.

This is pathetic beyond the pale. Yes, it was going to be bad no matter what. Thanks to Pres Biden it is so much worse.

Regards,

Doug

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't give a rat's ass about a prior president's opinion on anything. And that includes Obama.
    Sigh. Not actually trying to pick a fight here, Alpo (I know ... hard to believe)

But the cynic in me wonders what you thought of this guy, West Pointer, 8 years in the sandbox, Ranger-qualified aviator (Apaches) running for the senate in michigan but as a Republican

The cynic in me wonders if you are just showcasing someone who you believe might make democrats look more palatable or if you would seriously consider a good soldier candidate regardless of party

The seeming inability to acknowledge Trump was right doesn't leave me optimistic

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Sigh. Not actually trying to pick a fight here, Alpo (I know ... hard to believe)

But the cynic in me wonders what you thought of this guy, West Pointer, 8 years in the sandbox, Ranger-qualified aviator (Apaches) running for the senate in michigan but as a Republican

The cynic in me wonders if you are just showcasing someone who you believe might make democrats look more palatable or if you would seriously consider a good soldier candidate regardless of party

The seeming inability to acknowledge Trump was right doesn't leave me optimistic
    I look at a few news aggregating sites each day. This article was on one of those sites. It's as simple as that. As I said: his views fit with what I believed to be the case and I made it available here. Nothing more than that.

I'm done with agendas and arguing about Trump vs XXXX. No one is going to change anyone's mind on INGO and while I may have in the past argued against what I believed to be insanity, I no longer have the urge.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I look at a few news aggregating sites each day. This article was on one of those sites. It's as simple as that. As I said: his views fit with what I believed to be the case and I made it available here. Nothing more than that.

I'm done with agendas and arguing about Trump vs XXXX. No one is going to change anyone's mind on INGO and while I may have in the past argued against what I believed to be insanity, I no longer have the urge.
    101465E5-5616-42C4-A618-12E2BF3AE500.gif
    ;)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't know anything about the guy other than what I put in the previous post. It may be confirmation bias on my part, but I thought his assessment of the Afghanistan situation was realistic.
    And even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So here is the biggest issue IMO.
    Bargram AB is freaking huge It’s in wide open plain with a well defined multi layer defense zone.

If we could have one safe haven in the Stan it was Bargram. I have visited both the trip from Kabul airport to the green zone was a butt puckering experience in the best of times.

Kabul is a sh#$hole

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Surely we can all agree that flying some Taliban or AQ members over here would be a small price to pay for just indiscriminately rescuing those thousands of people that are lined up to get fly out.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I saw this article a few minutes ago. Granted, he's running for Senator in Mo. as a democrat. But, he's a Marine.

What he's saying is right, that this was inevitable. But the way to judge what happened depends on exactly which parts were inevitable. I'm glad we're cutting our losses and getting out. We needed to do that. However, it was not inevitable that this had to be Saigon 2.0. That part is something that should be utterly shocking because it is inexcusable.

For Lucas Kunce, I wish him luck. I've seen many politicians talk about fixing the problems with corporate interests and whatnot. I've seen politicians in my own district talk that **** and then become part of what he claimed to run against. Maybe this guy is different but it may not matter. Can a level headed Democrat win elections. It appears to me that Democrats have lost interest in levelheadedness.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dekumadoriya24
    Top Bottom