• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Maybe it's time to start looking for another gun. The weather is nice, birds and bees are out and about illustrating the facts of life for kids, there are shotgun classes to take, and so forth and so on. Heck, I'm amongst friends, I don't need to find an excuse to buy a new gun, do I?

So I'm looking for a semi-auto tactical shotgun. Affordable is key. Right now that means the Mossberg 930 SPX. I'm keeping an eye out for reviews, as it apparently had quality control problems initially. The Mossberg seems to run for $600-700.

Are there other shotguns I should consider at that price range? Semi-auto is a must (already have a pump action). Tactical is preferred, but it's negotiable as long as I can slip an 18" barrel on it (would obviously prefer not having to buy a new barrel). So I don't have to have an evil black gun.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom!

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I love my Beretta 1201fp

1201.jpg

Last edited:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    My home defense shotty is a Remington 1100 Tactical like this one.

remington%201100%20tactical.jpg

The new prices are a little out of your price range but you might look for one used. While I haven't taken any classes with this gun, I have run it pretty hard at the range with mixed ammo and it has functioned well. Even my wife, who hates guns and refuses to even touch them thinks that she could at least handle it.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    saiga 12. No contest.

Box magazine fed semi auto that's highly customizable based on the AK platform...what's not to love.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB1o2isrCDI&feature=related[/ame]

I recommend the new legion models, a little more expensive, but you get some cooler stuff...magwell, hinged top cover, and LRBHO amongst other things. They just started importing them within the last year.

Kinda corny, but shows the gun
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omqeXdtORhc[/ame]

Full auto
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z66AdC6UhXs[/ame]

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Nice video's, that sweet mamba one actually made me want a Saiga 12! Lol, I have never really wanted one but now there it's. I liked the mossy 930SPX I had, it fed everything without a hickup and the sights were nice. How does the Saiga handle low brass bulk ammo?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Mine handles it fine. With Russians building the thing you may end up with a vodka special, but that's rare anymore. Even if you do, you can press the barrel and add/enlarge ports, use a booster puck, polish the internals or use a lighter spring.

some more s-12 pictures

SaigaTechUSA-S12Krink.jpg

9ba3b49ba6e4e10af1c061878756a5ed.jpg

2011StormShoot_Saiga12_02.jpg

haley-saiga.jpg

Top Bottom