• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    Moving to southern Florida in the next few months so I need an iwb holster since I can no longer Oc.

Looking for suggestions: so far ideas are crossbreed super tuck, galco summer special.

Holster need to be comfortable to an extent, easily concealed in cargo shorts and t shirt, and deal with sweat exc.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    CompTac MTAC in my opinion is the absolute best kydex/leather hybrid on the market. Crossbreed is a 'not so close' second and the rest are crossbreed knockoffs.

The quality, fit, and finish of the MTAC is unequaled and extra shells can be purchased and swapped out for different guns.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95
    MTAC.jpg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Just picked up a Remora holster that might be just what you're looking for. It's made of a rubberized fabric that is purpose-built for IWB carry (stays put during your draw), is sweatproof and can be ordered with a reinforced top option that allows for one handed reholstering. That said, the other contenders you mentioned are solid choices, too.

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I carry my XDm Compact in the N82 Professional. Here is a link to the appropriate page on their web site.

It works well at the 1 o'clock, 4 o'clock, and 11 o'clock positions. The method of retention can take a bit of getting used to; but once you've done this, the draw is quick and effortless. Re holstering one handed is easy.

Because of the construction of the backing, sweat should not be a problem.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    CompTac MTAC in my opinion is the absolute best kydex/leather hybrid on the market. Crossbreed is a 'not so close' second and the rest are crossbreed knockoffs.

The quality, fit, and finish of the MTAC is unequaled and extra shells can be purchased and swapped out for different guns.

Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster
    MTAC.jpg

I just ordered one of these myself. Comp-Tac's Infidel is also a great IWB holster. I have one for every gun in my EDC rotation.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I like Stoner IWBs. You can get the body shield and the reinforced opening. All of mine have been well made and very comfy.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    I like Stoner IWBs. You can get the body shield and the reinforced opening. All of mine have been well made and very comfy.

This. I got a stoner 415 for my M&P 40C and it was amazing. I picked one up for my shield, and will get one for every carry gun I will ever have. Well made quality leather, the tuckability option is amazing, and they are super comfortable. comfort level of my compact is the same as the shield. amazing holsters.

Thumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    West Side
    I just got a Crossbreed MicroClip for my PM9. Leather is still a little stiff and scratchy as I've not had enough time to get it broken in and formed. However, it does conceal very nicely and once I get it broken in for me will be pretty darn comfortable.

Haven't tried it out with shorts or heavy sweat yet, so I can't comment there although I don't think the shorts would be an issue if you have a belt to help support it.

Top Bottom