• kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    If you want top dollar stick them on Gunbroker. If you want to sell them quickly put a list together with reasonable prices and post them here.

+1 to this. Keep in mind the cost of selling also. Special items ( like your Sec. Navy gun) might be auctioned while other items might be sold here. Perhaps for less but also with less selling cost/fees to you.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Then demonstrate your respect for the individual that put this collection together and go to the experts to determine value.

I would first get a list together and soon. If she is worried get the stuff into a temp storage location. Some of these you might not know if special or not, but you can not take the chance. You must get a trustworthy party to determine value.

Good Luck and Best wishes.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I would get them all appraised first. Bryce at Premier Arms in Brownsburg is an expert on M1 Carbines and can appraise the others as well. He also buys collections. After having them appraised I would make sure that they were all placed in a secure location. After that I'd either sell the collection to one or two buyers or contact an auction house like mentioned above. Putting them on consignment at a gun shop would take forever to sell and draw the whole process out. Good luck and I wish I could see some of those pieces, sounds like a very nice collection.

Top Bottom