• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Respect21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Last week I had a stripped lower shipped to an FFL in Fishers from Lambos and the package had signature confirmation and was successfully delivered and signed for. When I called the FFL to schedule a time to pick it up, they claimed they didn't have it and to call back tomorrow. I called the next day and they still had no idea where my lower was. They claimed the owner would call me if they found it, which I never got a call back.

I'm not sure what the next step I need to take is? I have a copy of a signature with their address on it as being accepted.

Any advice is appreciated, I've never dealt with this before.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Last week I had a stripped lower shipped to an FFL in Fishers from Lambos and the package had signature confirmation and was successfully delivered and signed for. When I called the FFL to schedule a time to pick it up, they claimed they didn't have it and to call back tomorrow. I called the next day and they still had no idea where my lower was. They claimed the owner would call me if they found it, which I never got a call back.

I'm not sure what the next step I need to take is? I have a copy of a signature with their address on it as being accepted.

Any advice is appreciated, I've never dealt with this before.

I would make a copy of the "receiver with the signature confirmation" and make a trip to the shop (KEEP THE ORIGINAL). I would talk to the owner/manager of the shop politely and ask what they are going to do about your missing receiver. If I did not get a satisfactory answer, I would tell them that I would be contacting the ATF regarding this issue. This could be a pretty big deal to the ATF as they have "lost" a firearm. I feel sure they will do something to correct the situation - as you have proof the "firearm" was delivered to the shop (the original receiver with signature).

If they don't do something immediately, I would contact the ATF field office. This could cause them to lose their FFL for not recording and tracking the firearm. Your last option is the small claims court. With the proof of delivery you have, it would be pretty certain you would win a case and get your money back. The only ones that can lose firearms without penalty is the ATF - they seem to do it pretty often in their "sting" operations.

Many years ago (about 25), I did have a situation with a local FFL ran by a couple local LEO's. My son had just turned 21 and purchased a new 1911 style 45 from them. This was an off brand - can't remember the name, but he paid over $550 for the gun. Anyhow he took it out to target, and while on the first clip, it went full auto, and parts flew off. He returned the gun to them the next day and they said they would take care of it. They sent it back to the manufacturer in one of the Western states. We waited for 3 ~ 5 weeks and no gun.

So he asked me to help. I called the manufacturer direct with the number furnished on the papers in his gun box. I received a message stating the line was out of service. I called a few places associated with the phone company and happened to get a hold of a phone operator that was local to the manufacture's factory. She said that she was familiar with the business and knew they had closed the factory and went bankrupt, thus no phone.

So I went to the FFL the next day and asked what they intended to do. The officer working the desk said they would try to contact them. I then explained AGAIN that they were out of business. He said he didn't know what they could do, as if we were out of luck! I then said "Well I know what you can do, you can give him his money back. You have possession of the firearm, and his money, if you do not return the money, I will file in small claims court next Monday for his money." He said he would have to talk to his partner and I said we will be in Friday (2 days away) for his money.
    Visited Friday, and a check was waiting. We cashed the check, went to an FFL in Michigantown and he purchased a new Ruger 45.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    If they are a lagit business you can file against their insurance. Personal propery of others while in their custody or control will cover your loss. Also as mentioned in the comments.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I would first verify that they received it and signed by an employee of theirs. If they dispute it then immediately call the business it was ordered from and file the dispute with them so that they may start the tracking process as well. Delivery guys do screw up and even requiring signature confirmation does not mean the person signing for it is the intended recipient. It is possible the local FFL did not lose it due to never receiving it. I'd start with that before potentially wrongfully accusing someone of loss or theft. And if signed by someone that does not work there then they may recognize the name and retrieve it from a neighbor who may have gotten it in error.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I would be all over this one as already stated. Bring them a copy of the delivery confirmation. If they don't get real serious about this real quick, get a hold of the ATF and let them know what is going on. What if that receiver ends up in the next mass shooting? Moms demanding gun sense (thugs with jugs) will be all over you for not doing everything you could to prevent this and try to make it your fault. Recovering your money should not be a problem, but I would be more worried about what I already mentioned.

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    if this place is worth a grain of salt just give a copy of the signed receipt to the head Fred and they should be all over it. If not post on here so everyone knows to stay clear of the joint.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    We have asked for the information and have not received it. You called my personal cell phone and I looked into it, (and needed more info) but then you started calling the shop, not me. YOU DID NOT HAVE A TRACKING NUMBER WHEN YOU TALKED TO ME! How would my employees know about something we never had? After speaking to the owner you started talking to people down the chain that have no clue about your receiver.

We have not lost anything. The name you gave to me for the signature was not familiar to me. We need to know what address it was shipped to, the tracking number, the name of the person that signed for it, (I was driving when you first called me) the name, address, and phone number of shop that sent it. You don't need bad advice from strangers on a public forum. You need to put a trace on it through USPS ASAP! (I believe that's who you said the service was) regardless of what we do on our end. Get the ball rolling from all angles. We don't have it, and we have NEVER lost a gun since we have been in business. ATF can't help you. Talk to them all you want. All of our shipments go to a UPS store and are secured. THEY would have singed for it in initially not us. You have yet to send us anything in writing (like via email) to help facilitate the search. I need all the info you have. Speak to me (Randy) and nobody else. Call the school number XXX(317)345-3263XXX to reach me directly. Don't call the shop. They can't help you.

I need to speak to the shop that sent it so if in fact it is lost or stolen we can get the serial number in the system.

Last edited:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    It's never a good idea for you fellas to get on here and sh** on an FFL. You complain about high prices, poor service and give bad advice to a guy who has a problem with an obvious shipping problem.

Crappy customers are not needed.

Things do go sideways in shipping from time to time. An FFL is not going to risk his business to screw you out of a $100 lower. Get real.

I can't believe this crap. Especially from a guy with 5 posts.

INGO loyalty…..right.

Respect21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    We have asked for the information and have not received it. You called my personal cell phone and I looked into it, (and needed more info) but then you started calling the shop, not me. YOU DID NOT HAVE A TRACKING NUMBER WHEN YOU TALKED TO ME! How would my employees know about something we never had? After speaking to the owner you started talking to people down the chain that have no clue about your receiver.

We have not lost anything. The name you gave to me for the signature was not familiar to me. We need to know what address it was shipped to, the tracking number, the name of the person that signed for it, (I was driving when you first called me) the name, address, and phone number of shop that sent it. You don't need bad advice from strangers on a public forum. You need to put a trace on it through USPS ASAP! (I believe that's who you said the service was) regardless of what we do on our end. Get the ball rolling from all angles. We don't have it, and we have NEVER lost a gun since we have been in business. ATF can't help you. Talk to them all you want. All of our shipments go to a UPS store and are secured. THEY would have singed for it in initially not us. You have yet to send us anything in writing (like via email) to help facilitate the search. I need all the info you have. Speak to me (Randy) and nobody else. Call the school number XXX(317)345-3263XXX to reach me directly. Don't call the shop. They can't help you.

I need to speak to the shop that sent it so if in fact it is lost or stolen we can get the serial number in the system.
    First off, I apologize for using the word "lost" and placing blame solely on you. But I have called both numbers and given all information I have including delivery address/time, item description, my name and who the item came from to more than one person, including you apparently.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    First off, I apologize for using the word "lost" and placing blame solely on you. But I have called both numbers and given all information I have including delivery address/time, item description, my name and who the item came from to more than one person, including you apparently.

But not the TRACKING NUMBER. That would be very helpful. Please email me everything you have so I have a hard copy. Address is on the website. We do want to help. And contact USPS tomorrow and get that trace started. You may even be able to get it done online. I realize it's after midnight, but I am sitting here at the moment if you want to try to call now. Try getting THAT kind of customer service from your average LGS!

Top Bottom