• ...and so much more!
  • stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Chris Reeve knives!!!!

The Sebenza is a very popular knife. I would also recommend the Bradley Alias1 to the list. Your budget allows for alot of very good options.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Strider SnG.

It WILL last you. But most of the knives listed here will. The SnG is so basic, it's advanced. No frills and feature filled at the same time. QUALITY.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm gonna buck the trend here (with apologies to Brad and possible knife sales). There are any number of quality knives you can purchase for $100 or less, starting with some of the Buck folders. I still have a Buck hunter that I bought in 1975, which I carried for years in the Army and Reserves. I've carried everything from Benchmade to Kershaw and the most I've ever paid for a folder is $150 (and it's not one I'd carry everyday.

Columbia River Knife & Tool (CRKT) makes some great folders for under $100, as does Kershaw (look at their Junkyard Dog series), and even Buck (I'm currently carrying a Buck Bravo tactical folder as my EDC along with a CRKT MyTighe)

The main things required are a good blade and sturdy locking system. If you don't abuse it, it should last for many years, whether it's a $40 knife or a $400 knife. And if you lose a $40 knife, it's easy to replace in comparison to that $400 model.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    ^ I agree you don't need to spend a fortune to get a good knife. Spyderco is a good example of that. Not a big CRKT fan though. One place folders get expensive is when they are overbuilt for abuse. Frame locks like the Grayman's, Hinderers, Chris Reeve, and Striders rival the durability of a fixed blade, which takes a lot of work and good materials.

Last edited:

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    ^ I agree you don't need to spend a fortune to get a good knife. Spyderco is a good example of that. Not a big CRKT fan though. One place folders get expensive is when they are overbuilt for abuse. Frame locks like the Grayman's, Hinderers, Chris Reeve, and Striders rival the durability of a fixed blade, which takes a lot of work and good materials.

And all that is hard to understand until you use/abuse one. It's very obvious afterwards though.:D

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'm gonna buck the trend here (with apologies to Brad and possible knife sales). There are any number of quality knives you can purchase for $100 or less, starting with some of the Buck folders. I still have a Buck hunter that I bought in 1975, which I carried for years in the Army and Reserves. I've carried everything from Benchmade to Kershaw and the most I've ever paid for a folder is $150 (and it's not one I'd carry everyday.

Columbia River Knife & Tool (CRKT) makes some great folders for under $100, as does Kershaw (look at their Junkyard Dog series), and even Buck (I'm currently carrying a Buck Bravo tactical folder as my EDC along with a CRKT MyTighe)

The main things required are a good blade and sturdy locking system. If you don't abuse it, it should last for many years, whether it's a $40 knife or a $400 knife. And if you lose a $40 knife, it's easy to replace in comparison to that $400 model.

That is the whole point in stepping up paying more for certain brands. They are designed/built to take abuse and a beating and will still function afterwards. CRKT, Kershaw, and Buck are good knives for what they are designed for and the price point, but no where close to being able to take the hard abuse like some of the other brands/manufactures that have been listed in this thread. :twocents: "Pay once, cry once, instead of paying multiple times and crying multiple times"

And all that is hard to understand until you use/abuse one. It's very obvious afterwards though.:D

Exactly! :yesway:

Top Bottom