Advice from Gun Shop Customers: annoying or helpful?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rubicon_joey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    I normally keep my mouth shut and only offer my 2 cents when it's asked for. I'm not a big **** chat kind of guy though. Now days if you want to know something about a gun the manufacture has it on their website or you can normally find it on a forum like this.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    IMHO women with carry experience and just general experience with firearms should absolutely share that opinion with other women. The challenges that a woman faces in finding the gun that's right for her are different than men. A woman's perspective may be more valuable having already travelled that road.
    I agree. I would normally come down on the side of minding my own business, but I took my son to an NRA Basic Pistol class that had several female students. I saw first hand the unique issues women can have picking a gun so I think a female giving advice to another female is a good thing. There were several women in that class who'd been sold a completely inappropriate gun by what could have been a well meaning salesman who was just ignorant of the challenges facing women. But most men should keep their opinions to themselves because the likelihood of coming off as a know it all are much higher than the odds of coming off as helpful.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I usually take the talkers at gun shops to be either, 1. lonely so they hang around the shop for company, b. fanboiz that are peddling their favorite (brand, caliber, platform, etc.). 3. one of those guys that has an opinion on everything and is a general know it all or d. someone genuinely hoping to help out. Unfortunately it can be hard to tell which is which in the few minutes of interaction.

Top Bottom