• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitchfork

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    South Bend Area
    OP: I am trying my best to help you out, but a few of your requiremets are a paradox. IMHO if you are looking for a better trigger than a glock, stay away from the DAO's like SIG and Beretta 92 clones. Even the DAK ~ (da/sa) triggers take practice to master.

I also give a +1 to the SR9c because its trigger is candy compared to a Glock. Just for the record, i drink glockaid but am not afraid to admit the Ruger's trigger is nice, its ergonomics are top notch and the oher requirement of your bearpaws hanging off the grip can be satisfied with the extended pinky magazing for the SR9c. There's no need to go for the full size SR9, as the afforementioned mag make it the same grip size - only the "c" has a better trigger.

Other recommend is the S&W M&P 9.

Also IMO, XD's trigers are comparable to the glock. Can't speak to the XDM, though i hear it's nicer.

*edit* i will also add that the SR9c will not fire without a magazine (mag safety) and has one extra fieldstrip/takedown step more than a glock.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    OP: I am trying my best to help you out, but a few of your requiremets are a paradox. IMHO if you are looking for a better trigger than a glock, stay away from the DAO's like SIG and Beretta 92 clones. Even the DAK ~ (da/sa) triggers take practice to master.

I also give a +1 to the SR9c because its trigger is candy compared to a Glock. Just for the record, i drink glockaid but am not afraid to admit the Ruger's trigger is nice, its ergonomics are top notch and the oher requirement of your bearpaws hanging off the grip can be satisfied with the extended pinky magazing for the SR9c. There's no need to go for the full size SR9, as the afforementioned mag make it the same grip size - only the "c" has a better trigger.

Other recommend is the S&W M&P 9.

Also IMO, XD's trigers are comparable to the glock. Can't speak to the XDM, though i hear it's nicer.

*edit* i will also add that the SR9c will not fire without a magazine (mag safety) and has one extra fieldstrip/takedown step more than a glock.
    I'm glad someone else mentioned this. OP, is the 26 the only Glock you've got experience with? You've mentioned two issues with it: the subcompact size and the trigger. I'm wondering if some of the trigger issue isn't a consequence of your discomfort with the subcompact size. But since you didn't mention experience with the larger Glock frames, I don't know whether it would be pointless to suggest trying them out.

I know Glock triggers aren't the crispest and cleanest compared to the SA trigger of a nice custom 1911 or something. But they are far better than a DAO IMO. I've never met a DAO or DA/SA pistol that had a better trigger in DA mode that the Glock. It's one of the reasons I can't bring myself to invest in the P30L that I drool over.

I suppose if you haven't had a chance to handle a full size Glock it would be worth the chance just to see if the size makes the trigger pull feel better in your hands. There is a difference. I've carried a 26 and a 17, just so you know I'm not talking outta my arse.

Of course, none of this is meant to poo-poo the other suggestions. Just an observation that nobody seems to have addressed yet.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Try the PX4 or a 90-two. But the best advice I can give you is to dump the "nines" and get some "fo-tays". My 90-two and my CX4 are both .40 and I really want the PX4 to go with them...The PX4 utilizes the rotating barrel design formerly used in the beretta cougar and currently used in the stoeger cougar. Oh, btw, GLOCK was a mistake but you can still buy an XD or an M&P and learn to enjoy the DAO from a manufacturer that knows how to design a gun.....the XDs have the same grip angle as a 1911 so they handle and fell much the same in your "bear paw".

Top Bottom