• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Just start with the Adrian's Diary, get caught up, and then start another one. Get caught up, and so on, and so on. LOL! I'm working on Warnings From the Dead right now.

Sign up for the free subscription to read the side stories in AUD. They add a lot to the main storyline.

wpframe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Zombie Fiction

It’s cool that there are so many zombie fans on this forum. Are there any Max Brooks fan as well? My son loves World War Z & the Zombie Survival Guide by him. He would be so stoked if the Zombie Apocalypse actually happened.

I did enjoy World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide. Also, David Wellington's Monster Zombie trilogy are pretty good, if a bit unbelievable (even more so than most Zombie fiction). I've been thinking about picking up J.L. Bourne's Day By Day Armageddon Series. Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    the day by day stuff is pretty good, there are two of them out now, and a third one due out in 2012 i think. he is actually a navy pilot i think so the writes from that perspective.

jake

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Both "Day By Day Armageddon" books are great. Can't wait for the third. The "Autumn" books by David Moody are also good. "Dead City" by Joe McKinney is really cool too.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I did enjoy World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide. Also, David Wellington's Monster Zombie trilogy are pretty good, if a bit unbelievable (even more so than most Zombie fiction). I've been thinking about picking up J.L. Bourne's Day By Day Armageddon Series. Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Both J.L. Bourne books are good.

I also liked the Morningstar "Trilogy" by Z.A. Recht. Only 2 of the 3 were released before the author died, the third is being worked on by a different author now, using outlines left by Recht.

Dying to Live wasn't bad. The sequel was crap (IMO).

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    bobbittle;2490009}Dying to Live wasn't bad. The sequel was crap (IMO).[/QUOTE said:
    i agree! the second one sucked! i think there is a 3rd but i dont think i want waste the money to find out

jake

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I was hooked on it a few weeks ago, and couldn't stop reading. Now, I don't know if I really like this whole thing of Abby writing the journal. It seems a bit disjointed to me.

I think you might have ruined it for me lol, Im in July 2011 and I keep wondering if Adrian is gonna die and the entries continued by Abby.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I really enjoyed this saga, right until the very last bit of the last entry. I'm still glad I read it, and think this author has loads of talent; but man did I hate the way he ended this. Not the ending per se, but with regards to how to properly construct an ending.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Rumors of more to come! Maybe two more stories?

Don't be too hard on the ending of this one. Someone close (his mother, I believe) passed away this spring, so I doubt he was really able to focus.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Rumors of more to come! Maybe two more stories?

Don't be too hard on the ending of this one. Someone close (his mother, I believe) passed away this spring, so I doubt he was really able to focus.

Yes his mom (author's mom) passed away this year in the spring.
    However the story (outline/archs) for the story were completed about 1 year ago.

I liked the beginning but near the end it was just OK. Like all storied/movies/tales the ending always feels rushed. But then again suspect that is more me (the reader) wanting the adventure to continue then to end.

I do have the entire story with fan artwork in one big PDF file since it was just too hard to read online due to the background.

-Jedi

Top Bottom