• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdavis006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    I am getting ready to apply for a LTCH. My question is I have a conviction in Ohio that was expunged do I need to admit to that conviction when filling out the application.? Any advice would be appreciated.

rdavis006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    That is the problem it was for a m4 Domestic under ohio law as I pushed my mom when I was 18 14 years ago.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    If it was expunged do not list it. That is the purpose of getting a conviction expunged. So it does not follow you for the rest of your life. It will not come up in any back ground checks that are run on you. It was expunged so it cannot legally be held against you. It is gone.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I am getting ready to apply for a LTCH. My question is I have a conviction in Ohio that was expunged do I need to admit to that conviction when filling out the application.? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Talk to a lawyer. I'm sure it'd be cheaper to get his or her advice than it would be to appeal a denial.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    If it was expunged do not list it. That is the purpose of getting a conviction expunged. So it does not follow you for the rest of your life. It will not come up in any back ground checks that are run on you. It was expunged so it cannot legally be held against you. It is gone.

I would not bet on this ^^. I can tell you absolutely, 100% for sure that expunged convictions WILL come up on some background checks. The one ISP does for LTCH? Dunno, no idea, but expunged absolutely DOES NOT mean "gone" or "can't hurt you".

rdavis006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Here is what I have found out after emailing Guy Relford. This is response back to my question.

Hi, Ryan. It's a close call, because Ind. Code 35-47-4-7(e) says that "A person has not been convicted of a crime of domestic violence for purposes of subsection (a) if the conviction has been expunged or if the person has been pardoned." So you're technically ok to say "no" to that question on the application. Still, I've been advising clients to go ahead and admit to the conviction but state specifically that the conviction has been expunged -- and if the application is being submitted in hard copy, to attach a copy of the Order of Expungement to the application.

Guy

Top Bottom