• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Parking is FREE ?, Parking is FREE this weekend at the fairgrounds? Parking is FREE with validation? Come on this is Indiana, what constitutes WEEKEND for a Fri Sat Sun show?
    Only sat/sun free parking I belive, and I can't believe the State Fair commission sold that many corn dogs during the fair to let that much revinue go by.

So I am guessing no Orange Apes snatching fivers on Sat/Sun only.

Last edited:

INcountryboy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Connersville
    What was with the $2 price increase of admission? The last time I went to the 1500, Oct of last year, it was still $10 to get in. I thought the FREE parking was too good to be true.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Last tine it was $5 to park & $10 to get in. This time it was free to park but $12 to get in. It was still $3 cheaper to get in this time.

With the free parking I got what I paid for. I had to park back by the horse track. I didn't buy as much ammo as I might have because I didn't want to carry it so far.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I'm pretty positive this will be my last 1500. I'm not very impressed the cost of admission went up even if parking is free. I've only found a few really good deals and I've been going to the 1500 almost 20 years now. Not every single show, but most. I'm just sick of rising costs everywhere anymore. These past two shows I've bought weekend passes instead of a one day pass just to save some money and I usually give the rest away for free if I don't go the other days. I went Friday, Saturday and I'll be there Sunday, but this is it for me.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yelp, instead of charging $5 for each car/truck they're charging $2 extra per person.

you do know that the fairgrounds is the one who charges for parking right?

the gun show has nothing to do with that at all

the gun show promoter charges for admission to the gun show,

the fair grounds has nothing to do with that, unless of course they raised the cost to rent the building the gun show is held in :dunno:

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    The costs for everything at the fairgrounds have gone up. Did anyone notice the increases in prices and the fee for parking at the state fair this year?
    After the accident last year, their costs have gone way up, so they are passing those costs on.
    The price for admission has gone up over the years, it wasn't always $10.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    As I waited in line to get in I overheard someone in line talking to a guy standing watch at one of the side doors wearing a 1500 shirt. The guy in line asked about the price increase and the 1500 worker said it was because of the up coming election. Said they always raise it at election time...hmmmm sounds like BS to me

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Posted price $12. With discount card, it was $10, so net cost is a buck higher than before. I think the lack of a parking charge was due to all of the in/out for the RV event. The flip side is the long walk, but I'll make that trade any day.

I normally go at opening time on Sunday to beat the crowds, and usually have the place more or less to myself until 11am or so. Not today - it was pretty crowded by 10am.

A friend went on Friday around 5pm, and he said it wasn't crowded then.

Next time, who knows?

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    you do know that the fairgrounds is the one who charges for parking right?

the gun show has nothing to do with that at all

the gun show promoter charges for admission to the gun show,

the fair grounds has nothing to do with that, unless of course they raised the cost to rent the building the gun show is held in :dunno:

No, I actually didn't know that. Having said that, I wasn't complaining because I'd rather pay $12 than $15 as I normally like to come by myself so I can peruse on my own schedule. I just figured it was a decision to charge more "by the person" than "by the vehicle."

9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    So putting aside the high gas prices and travel distance, you pay to park, pay to get in and disarmed at the door? just to see the same thing everyone else stock/sale with a slight monetary difference. is this correct?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    So putting aside the high gas prices and travel distance, you pay to park, pay to get in and disarmed at the door? just to see the same thing everyone else stock/sale with a slight monetary difference. is this correct?

Yes, but it is several hours of fun and entertainment. I had over an hour each way in travel time but it wasn't a big deal because I enjoy the show. My small town stores don't have all of the same guns I saw at the 1500.

I usually go alone so I can walk the show at my own pace and enjoy the time I am there.

At the 1500 and other guns shows it's usually self serve. This means I can touch every gun on the table if I want to. At a gun store, I only ask to see the ones I think I might like because I don't want to be a pest. I'd rather be able to touch all of them. Going to gun shows allows me to do this.

Also at a gun show I can think about different guns or accessories on my time frame. I'm not rushed to make a decision like I might be in a gun store. I can always try to go back to a table & get something if I decide later I want it. I usually won't go back to a gun store once I have left it.

If I need to rest for a few minutes I can just find a spot out of the way and watch the crowd. This in itself can be a form of entertainment.

Yes guns shows are expensive and can be a hassle but I do enjoy spending the day at one. It's good therapy.

Top Bottom