• ...and so much more!
  • indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Just a note...
    The NFA change, and import change are Executive Orders.
    The tax is a proposed bill. It has to go through the House and the Senate. A lot harder to pass.
    Then, the Supreme Court could rule it as a "poll tax".

You are 100% correct. I was talking about the Executive Orders and the house bill (HR 30-18) together in my posts. Sorry for the confusion. The bill is not going to pass, but it's still how these people think. But who knows maybe they don't get the 50% tax on ammo maybe they get only a 20% or maybe they only get the tax stamp increased to $300 not $500. I doubt they get anything with the Republicans having the House but in todays culture and with so much misinformation among the general public on the issue of "gun control" who knows what they may get passed. But this much is true if they can get anything thru the House then it's getting on Obamas desk and it's getting signed. And unless Im wrong the tax stamp has been the same $200 for around 70 years?

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Dem bill would trigger huge new taxes on guns, ammo | Fox News

The bill would also increase the transfer tax on all weapons (except antique guns) covered under the National Firearms Act (which excludes most common guns) from $200 to $500 and index to inflation and increase the transfer tax for any other weapon from $5 to $100.

Read more: Dem bill would trigger huge new taxes on guns, ammo | Fox News

This is a new bill being put forward by an Illinois and New Jersey lib's.
    As actaeon277 this does not appear to be part of Obamas Executive Action that he signed. This appears to be a bill that is proposed. Thank you for posting though, because I have not read of this yet. I am curious where this bill is and if it will even make it to committee.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    No you are correct I just read that the Garands were due to be coming back, but if this goes thru???
    Executive order so unless the Supreme Court rules it unconstitutional or a future president over turns it the Garands willl not come back.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Flat out lies about NFA items registered to trusts!

Plus, since 1934 registered NFA items have been used in TWO murders and one of the murderers was a cop. So what crime is he preventing by screwing over wealthy collectors?

oh that's right, we all hate those rich people!

Top Bottom