Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Sure, it's okay to speculate, but geez, we literally don't know anything about this guy. Not his beliefs, motivations, mental health.... and yet this thread has devolved into political motivations and assigning blame on which side does what.

I rarely agree with Kut, but he is right. All the speculations, false flag theories, isis claims, democratic affiliations etc... it's the first 24 hours.... most of this will be proven false in another 24.... I'm still in shock that this occurred

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am far from the smartest INGO member here are some of the facts.

1. County Concert

2. 64 year old crazy dude his father was a bank robber and gambler

3. Auto fire by conversion or slide fire ect.

Thats about all we know so far right?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    How would someone steal an M240?? It’s not like people leave trailers of them laying around unattended...

No idea if there is any connection at all, just throwing this out there. There are a lot of gun shops in Vegas where you can rent a machine gun, including crew served weapons. It is very popular with the tourists, especially from overseas. If you wanted to steal a mg that would probably be the town to do it. I coincidentally was in Vegas for my 50th birthday and rented a Thompson SMG, strangely, I was staying at the Mandalay Bay hotel.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sure, it's okay to speculate, but geez, we literally don't know anything about this guy. Not his beliefs, motivations, mental health.... and yet this thread has devolved into political motivations and assigning blame on which side does what.

Yeah. That happens. Just say what's true. It's not true that mass shooters are all Leftists. But conservatives have crazy extremists on our side too. I'm not surprised people speculate that way. Maybe some of it is hopeful thinking. You hear about these shootings and I think we all, at least to ourselves, hope like crazy it isn't a right-wing gun nut. It usually isn't. They usually turn out not to be all that politically motivated. Like the pathetic guy who shot a bunch of people because he couldn't get a date.

I read where this guy's dad was arrested in 1960 for bank robbery, in Las Vegas. Who knows. It could be for some really crazy unpolitical reason. But I understand why people just want it to be the other side's fault.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I am far from the smartest INGO member here are some of the facts.

1. County Concert

2. 64 year old crazy dude his father was a bank robber and gambler

3. Auto fire by conversion or slide fire ect.

Thats about all we know so far right?

According to WaPo

a. Shooter was a gambler too. High stakes video poker.

b. Prior neighbors describe him as aloof, distant.

c. Golfed by himself.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

...which I've said, already. Though, I'll speculate about his mental health, because anyone who can do what he did has some form of mental health issues. The wonton disregard for human life simply cannot coexist with a mentally healthy person.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    According to WaPo

a. Shooter was a gambler too. High stakes video poker.

b. Prior neighbors describe him as aloof, distant.

c. Golfed by himself.

The problem with loners is they have no one to tell them when their ideas are crazy. I think it's a lot easier for a loner to put himself in a really dark place.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just throwing this out there but this is the second time that something has happened to derail/delay the HPA. Add to that the fact that HRC and other lefties were quick to talk specifically about suppressors when they weren't an apparent factor in this case and one begins to notice an odor in the room.

Call me crazy if you want, but false flags aren't unheard of and I suspect that the crazies are desperate enough not to consider this "below them" after their many failed gun control attempts over the last couple decades.:tinfoil:

A real false flag would have had him using...y'know...a suppressor. If that turns out to be the case, I'll listen more closely.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It doesn't really matter who he voted for anyway. The fact is this is something that happened. I don't believe a person would spontaneously carry out this type of massacre, someone knew or had an idea that this was in his playbook. Someone should have noticed something. Seems like everyone is playing dumb and some news outlets are even reporting his live in girlfriend is no longer a person of interest.... Something stinks about this whole event. I don't believe we will ever know the entire story, but the gun control narrative will play out well to the masses. A guitarist who played that night made a pretty long rant on twitter denouncing the right to bear arms that he had supported throughout his life and ended with an all caps pro gun control statement. Seems to check all the political boxes for gun controllers, white male of means, legal firearm purchaser, easily converted "assault rifles", not in a gun free zone, etc etc... The perfect storm for anti 2nd politics.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The civilian M240 fires from a closed bolt from the looks of it the right side plate is thicker and the trigger group from a full auto will not work operating rod is different.
    Could be done but seems very difficult compared to a AK/RPD conversion ?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    A real false flag would have had him using...y'know...a suppressor. If that turns out to be the case, I'll listen more closely.

No no no, HillDog already said how the noise saved lives. Makes sense to allow show people how anti suppressor legislation saves lives in a mass shooting situation. Demonstrate how the noise makes the gun safer.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No no no, HillDog already said how the noise saved lives. Makes sense to allow show people how anti suppressor legislation saves lives in a mass shooting situation. Demonstrate how the noise makes the gun safer.

I get it. 58 dead. Everyone's clearly gonna jump on the "would have been more with a suppressor" bandwagon. Thanks for setting me straight.

Top Bottom