• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    On 5FEB11, ACT will be offering 2 classes at Riley Conservation Club.

0800-1200 Granger Wilkens, formerly of Wilderness Survival Institute in Alaska, will present a seminar on disaster preparation.

1300-1700 ACT staff will conduct Force on Force exercises and scenarios.

More information to follow.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    On 5FEB11, ACT will be offering 2 classes at Riley Conservation Club.

0800-1200 Granger Wilkens, formerly of Wilderness Survival Institute in Alaska, will present a seminar on disaster preparation.

1300-1700 ACT staff will conduct Force on Force exercises and scenarios.

More information to follow.

Any recommended prerequisites? What equipment would we need to bring? I'm new to force-on-force.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Any recommended prerequisites? What equipment would we need to bring? I'm new to force-on-force.

ACT owns enough force on force gear. But if you have a face shield and thick clothing to wear bring it.

A class in force on force will likely convince you that you need further training. However, we have not talked about a required prerequisite.

You can take one class or the other or both on this date.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    A class in force on force will likely convince you that you need further training.
    This will be especially true with "Riverman" AKA "Bear" beating up on you. Correction...when I played football with him (100yrs ago) I referred to him as "Mr. Bear".
    As usual I will not be able to make this due to scheduling conflicts. Sounds like a great one.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Force on Force is a huge eye opener. It was an awesome class last year! I recommend that everyone take a Force on Force class if they carry a handgun or any other weapon.

I will be there for both this year.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    Wow! That's an interesting day!

I'm sure it will be time well spent for all.

Good job ACT!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wow! That's an interesting day!

I'm sure it will be time well spent for all.

Good job ACT!

Come join us if you have time!

For those new to ACT, Glock 21 of Fortress Defense and a DTI associate was the guest instructor for our force on force last year. He's one of my mentors from whom I continue to learn much!

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    First, the disaster prep seminar. Granger will be discussing various situations that some living in the midwest might realistically encounter. Among the other topics will be what materials that we should collect and have on hand, how to handle family issues (kids, pets etc.) and basic survival kits including a 72hr kit. Of course there will be a lot of interaction among the participants. Granger will also outline our plans for future preparation training.

cost for this seminar is $55 prepaid or $25 deposit and $40 balance the day of the class.

The Force on Force seminar will be an eye opener for many if not all of the participants. The major topic throughout the afternoon will be decision making. Previous defensive handgun training is very helpful in this type of class.

We will be utilizing airsoft pistols for the excercises. If you have your own airsoft, bring it along. At a minimum, it should be capable of semiautomatic operation. We use and prefer, the gas operated blow back guns. ACT has safety gear and several pistols, so don't think that having your own gear is required. Standard safety glasses are NOT sufficient. At minimum, a quality paintball mask is ok, but an airsoft specific mask is recommended (Highly, those little bb's hurt!)

You will be placed in various realistic situations and be required to "make the decision". We will debrief after each scenario.

Cost for this seminar is $70 or $25 deposit and $55 the day of the class.

Should you be interested in both, register for both classes and receive a $10 discount on the combined tuition.

Any questions, please feel free to post here, though i don't get on as often as i would like, or pm me.

Top Bottom