• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Just visited this place (hope this isn't considered necro'ing this thread) and liked it. I went there to take a look at a Raging Bull they had come in, but sold before I had a chance to get there. Relatively friendly and a good selection. Their prices were pretty good as well. I was shocked at the new prices they were quoting for a raging bull. Most affordable. They also showed me an almost new 480 ruger... extremely nice, but wasn't sold on the 480 round availability.

Anyhow, great place.. I recommend at least a visit. Oh, and their hours kept getting me as well, so I finally called... they close at 2 on Saturdays, not 4 as their sign says.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Yeah, they are a great place and friendly people. buckfever34 (Clint) is their Sales Manager and a great guy. I deal with him anytime i want something else to annoy my wife with.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    it's a much larger store than before, I got some reloading supplies, they were in a garage behind the local hospital, not a bad shop, but this one is much nicer, good people too!

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have to add a thumbs up for ACME. I stopped by on my way to Tonto Rim and found a motherload of ammo and some HSTs for $21/50. I didn't have the cash to do serious shopping, but I'll be back for sure.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I had never heard of them until someone posted on the hometown forum on arfcom that they had .458 uppers, so I drove over and was pleasantly surprised. They were great to deal with and seemed to be knowledgeable without being condescending about it. I was also pleased with their prices. Reasonable prices without obscene markups like many shops have.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    when ever you have just one of those days, I had one today. And then I relized as I was driving by that they were open, nothing take your mind of things like looking at all the pretty guns, thanks steve and joe

Ruger47274

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    +1. And, I'm form Seymour too. Unfortunately nothing much in terms of local ranges around here. The closest in over near Freetown and is a private gun club. Otherwise you just about have to find someone with a piece of land out in the country.
    @jblomenberg16 I too and from Seymour,, and I've come to know Steve, Joe & Clint. Couldn't ask for better guys. ACME SPORTS is a great lil shop... They will have my business from now on.. :)
    As for a range close by,,, well, I used to live in Jennings Co. and there is a public range located @ Crosley State Forest. Can't quite remember the yardage available. They range from 15 yds to 200yds ( I THINK ). It's been 10 years or more since I've been there..

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    @jblomenberg16 I too and from Seymour,, and I've come to know Steve, Joe & Clint. Couldn't ask for better guys. ACME SPORTS is a great lil shop... They will have my business from now on.. :)
    As for a range close by,,, well, I used to live in Jennings Co. and there is a public range located @ Crosley State Forest. Can't quite remember the yardage available. They range from 15 yds to 200yds ( I THINK ). It's been 10 years or more since I've been there..

Good to meet you Ruger! There is a group of local INGO-er's headed to Crosely next weekend for a meet and greet event! I'm sure many of them will stop by Acme before / after as well.

Ruger47274

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Good to meet you Ruger! There is a group of local INGO-er's headed to Crosely next weekend for a meet and greet event! I'm sure many of them will stop by Acme before / after as well.
    Nice to meet you too jblomenberg.
    I've not been over to that range in years. Wasn't even sure if it was still there or in use these days. I used to live in town there in N.V. and wasa about 5 miles from the range.. But, since I've moved to Jackson Co. I've not been back over there. I now can shoot out back of our house. So, nice !

SynnerG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Anyone know their hours during the week? I guess I should ask specifically on Friday, since I'd like to stop by there today, haha.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Joes a good guy, Clint not so much.(it might have to do with his mod status on another site):)

SynnerG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Thanks for the info. I'll be stopping by today as well to check it out for the first time. I've heard nothing but good stuff from ppl on here so far. Do they have a big range of stuff to get my grubby hands on? haha I know I want to at least start some paper work on a can that they are listed as an official dealer for. Other than that there's some pistols/rifles I'd like to hold before buying as well and a buddy coming with is looking at holsters.

Top Bottom