• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I happend to be in Seymour this weekend and stopped by ACME Sports, based on what bigcraig and VUPDblue have said about the place.

Steve was there looking after the shop and showed me a few things.

The only thing I regret is that I couldn't test out their "Class III muscle", as I hear they are awesome!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Great guys over there at Acme. I've purchased several guns from them since they've opened. Very good to work with, and you'll always get good honest advice.

Heck, I usually try to stop in once a week or so to see what new stuff they have on the shelf.

I highly recommend paying them a visit if you're ever through Seymour, or if you live in the general area. I'll continue to be a repeat customer there. :yesway:

Now, wonder when Clint will jump on the thread like TheDude said...

maxcoen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    North Side
    +1
    Meet Clint from Acme on another forum. I was looking for an LCP. Asked him to call me when they got one in and 2 days later got the call. He had called around and found one for me. Shipped next day to Acme I picked it up today. $299+tax I also had a trade and got a fair price for it. Very happy.

Nice little shop good prices, friendly, nice selection of AR stuff. Was well worth the drive from Fishers. Will do business with again.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Glad I could help! There are VERY few shops that I will go out of my way to steer someone clear of. There are also VERY few shops that I will go out of my way to recommend. ACME and Clint and Joe are at the TOP of the list of shops I recommend.

joker7037

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Every time I stop there it is closed. Usually miss closing time by just a few minutes. Never can seem to remember their hours. Wife and I are in Seymour at least once a week.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    After reading the positive reviews about ACME in Seymour I will have to give this store another chance. I live in Seymour but have only been in the store twice. The first time was right after I moved to town and I stopped in to ask about local clubs or shooting ranges. Figured the local gun shop would be a good place for advice. The result was the only time that I have ever been treated rudely or unprofessionally by anyone in a gun shop. Thought I would give them another try when I was looking for a new duck gun. The experience was cordial but I wouldn't say anyone went out of thier way to help me either. Both times I was left with the impression that ACME already has its established clientel and they are not looking for new customers. For me part of the experience in buying guns is the trip to the gun store, visiting with other fellow shooters, and supporting local small business. Otherwise I would just buy everything at Bass Pro Shop or Walmart.

By the way I did get my new duck gun that same day. Bought it at the Sportsman in Seymour. Very friendly guys, love thier store.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Just stop-by and talk to Clint or Joe. Joe owns the place and Clint is a great employee. Tell 'em that they guys at INGO sent ya'!

+1. Sometimes when they get busy the older guy (Steve I think) can get a little short sometimes. Joe and Clint are great, and will give you their honest opinion if you ask for it.

And, I'm form Seymour too. Unfortunately nothing much in terms of local ranges around here. The closest in over near Freetown and is a private gun club. Otherwise you just about have to find someone with a piece of land out in the country.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I will definately give the guys at ACME another look. Guys at work have good things to say about them as well. Be in there again when the wife gives the OK. Somehow the I need just need one more gun routine does still work, but not as frequently as I like. The "but its such a good deal" line can also be effective. Unfortunately I am not lucky enough to come across deals good enough to risk the complaining. Don't get me wrong she has nothing against the guns, she just doesn't understand why I always want another one.

As far as a range, I have friends and family with land. I just miss socializing at the range. So, I am not necessarily against joining a private club somewhere if the facilities are decent and the membership is reasonable. However, until my LTCH comes my pistolas have to stay at home. Kinda hurts the soul knowing that my handguns have not been fired in over a year. Of course not being able to pack the handguns would leave more time to shoot a little trap or skeet.............:):

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I also give Joe & Clint my highest recommendation! They helped me get into the NFA world & provided a great deal of info & guidance. I just wish they were closer to Indy (my bank account is glad they're not, though!).

mr.mossyoak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Steve and Joe own the store , clint he is something else these guys will try to get me anything i want, they are good people and there prices well lets just say i have looked around and and can not find anyone cheaper and if i do i tell'em and they will meet or beat the prices Next time anyone goes in there tell them Mark and Dana Said hey they will know who we are LOL

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    Ill go in there sometimes when Im bored and just talk to Joe or Clint while looking at their stock. Ive bought quite a few guns and ammo from them and Ive always had good experiences. If anyone I work with is looking for a new gun I always tell them to check out Acme first.

SIGmund

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    Please allow me to revive a dead thread. :)

I own a Glock 31 (.357 SIG). Most local stores don't stock the ammo and I have to request it. Acme Sports had a few boxes in stock and in more than one flavor. I don't remember the name of the guy in the store, but he seemed polite and helpful. The price was hard to beat, too. I have to buy in bulk to beat it.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I look forward to picking up my suppressor at your shop when the paper work comes in. BigCraig and VUPDBlue made me do it.

Top Bottom