• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    has anyone here ever used acmes reloaded ammo? i have a friend who used it in his full auto and the gun blew. im not saying its the ammos fault. i wasn't there and havent seen the ammo of gun. i guess the bcg split and had a piece of brass go down the center of the bolt. blew off the charging handle, there is a larger than normal crack between the upper and lower, the lower is bluged, basically the gun is shot. the gun was a police issue (he is butler county ohio swat). just curious if anyone has had issues with there ammo. AGAIN IM NOT SLAMMING ACME OR SAYING ITS THERE FAULT. i guess the first round he chambered set it off. he is going to get me some of it so i can take it apart and take some measurements.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I don't know a anything about their ammo from first-hand experience.

But I will say Wyle E. Coyote never got good results from any ACME product he used. ;)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I've shot several hundred Acme .223 reloads without issues. I'm assuming we're talking the same gentlemen who operates the ammunition remanufacturing business with that name, correct?

What caliber and rifle was your buddy using? Sounds like an AR from the description.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    yes it was a ar platform. im not sure about what kind. i know it wasn't a parts gun because it was goverment issue.

my buddy was shooting 55gr fmj bullets and he didn't know the powder recipe for the ammo.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Sounds like the same stuff I'm running in my AR 15. I've talked to a few other folks that have used it with no problems. I'll be interested to hear what the root cause ends up being.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    im hoping to get some of the un used rounds in the next couple days. ill pull them and take some measurments. i also think ill call acme and see if they will tell me there recipe.

i really cant figure out what could have caused it, unless it was a larger than .224 bullet jammed into the lands (wich is unlikley in a ar) that couldn't get down the barrel so the brass came back. anyone else got any ideas?

LOWE1600

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    If its the same ammo, I bought some at the 1500 a couple of weeks ago in 308 shot it with my 700 rem it was very accurate,also ran some through a dpms 308 ran good no problems.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    ACME 10mm reloads

My friend bought some 10mm reloads from ACME and we both fired them in our EAA Witness Match pistols with no problems. I wish I could buy more.

Terry :yesway:

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    Hey All,
    I'm Mike Mulcahy, and my company is Acme Ammunition LLC. I am only aware of one incident like this, and it happened at the State Range in Quakertown SP. Jim Larkin is the RSO up there, and he was present at the time it occurred. I've spoken to both Jim and the shooters uncle and the ammunition has been cleared at this point. The weapon was examined by the PD armorer and forwarded to Colt for diagnosis. Jim has handled military weapons for more than 30 years, and he is almost positive that this was a parts failure in a very old weapon with many, many rounds through it.

Now, on the other hand, if this is a different incident, I need to know more about it ASAP at 513-582-2839. We take the safety of our ammo very seriously and I need to know what happened.

FYI, our ammo is loaded with Hodgdon SMP735 powder, a ball powder similar to Win 748. We use Hornady 55 gr FMJ bullets on top of a mostly Lake City case.

I just found this site and I am happy to respond to any questions.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    Oh and BTW folks, our motto is "9 Out of 10 dead coyotes prefer Acme Ammunition". The purpose of our product is to DISPATCH coyotes and other varmints :-) Unfortunately, Wyle E. Coyote never figured that out........

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Oh and BTW folks, our motto is "9 Out of 10 dead coyotes prefer Acme Ammunition". The purpose of our product is to DISPATCH coyotes and other varmints :-) Unfortunately, Wyle E. Coyote never figured that out........

:laugh:

Welcome aboard Mike! I'm a happy ACME customer! (I like the gunshop in Seymour by the same name too btw.)

Glad to have you on board here! :ingo:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Hey All,
    I'm Mike Mulcahy, and my company is Acme Ammunition LLC. I am only aware of one incident like this, and it happened at the State Range in Quakertown SP. Jim Larkin is the RSO up there, and he was present at the time it occurred. I've spoken to both Jim and the shooters uncle and the ammunition has been cleared at this point. The weapon was examined by the PD armorer and forwarded to Colt for diagnosis. Jim has handled military weapons for more than 30 years, and he is almost positive that this was a parts failure in a very old weapon with many, many rounds through it.

Now, on the other hand, if this is a different incident, I need to know more about it ASAP at 513-582-2839. We take the safety of our ammo very seriously and I need to know what happened.

FYI, our ammo is loaded with Hodgdon SMP735 powder, a ball powder similar to Win 748. We use Hornady 55 gr FMJ bullets on top of a mostly Lake City case.

I just found this site and I am happy to respond to any questions.

Thanks.

Mike

sorry ive haven't logged on much in a few days. we are speaking of the same incident. i havent talked to the shooter (officer jones) since the day it happened. i knew he had taken it to his armoror.

just to be clear i had no intentions on casting a bad light on your product and hope i havent. i was just trying to get some outside opioions on your product and i was actually hoping you were a member. and would respond. im glad the ammo has been cleared of responcibility.

oh ya and :welcome: to ingo

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    42769vette..... I applaud you for bringing any product issues to this forum, whether it's our product or any other product. This is a sport where quality and safety are paramount. People can be injured or killed quite easily. I also want to make it clear to consumers and potential consumers of our product that we stand behind what we manufacture and sell. If a customer has an issue or is unhappy with the product for any reason, I welcome the opportunity to speak to them and hopefully make them happy. They need to know they have a hot line to the owner.

Thanks again for bringing this up. FYI, I spoke to Jim Larkin tonight, and he expects the report from Colt within the next two weeks.

Happy Shooting!

Mike

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom