Accidents do happen.Gun malfunctions, ADs & NDs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This video is a great reminder that accidents do happen with guns.Things can break and malfunction.And as the shooter we may fail as well.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEgGiTVLUuM[/ame]

ALWAYS follow the 4 safety rules.

blocks_image_0_1.png

And dont forget to wear eye and ear protection, you will be glad you have them when your gun explodes due to over-charged ammo or because you got hit in the face by a ricochet.

Stay safe shooters. :ingo:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I can understand the first two incidents. 1)Misfire - have had that happen a couple of times, always caught it and cleared the barrel. 2) double charge - (although my son and I have reloaded thousands of rounds and haven't done it (yet). 3) Just pure carelessness, I have shot thousands of rounds from many firearms - NEVER have failed to check and double check to insure the gun is clear. This person needs to take a step back and evaluate his weapon handling reloading etc. If he has had this many incidents in one year - wonder how many times he has just been "lucky"?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I can understand the first two incidents. 1)Misfire - have had that happen a couple of times, always caught it and cleared the barrel. 2) double charge - (although my son and I have reloaded thousands of rounds and haven't done it (yet). 3) Just pure carelessness, I have shot thousands of rounds from many firearms - NEVER have failed to check and double check to insure the gun is clear. This person needs to take a step back and evaluate his weapon handling reloading etc. If he has had this many incidents in one year - wonder how many times he has just been "lucky"?

That's good. :yesway:
    I guess some shooters forget to follow the basic safety rules when they have been around guns for many years and nothing bad happened to them.
    We should never get into a routine of thinking that bad things wont happen because "we've been around guns all our lives".

Guns are NOT safe, they are designed to kill people and some people forget that when they handle them everyday.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Same.
    Been shooting since I was 5 and have never had an incident. I've been around others who have, but nobody trusted in "my care" or me personally.

ashenfang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    after watching the video, the first thing that comes to mind is, "that guy is a f'ing klutz". How can one guys have so many "accidents"?

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    this reminds me of an old rule I came up with when starting a new job with forklift drivers.. when "that guy" comes up and brags about how long he's been driving a lift, stay the eff away from him if you can. I'd rather work with a kid fresh off the streets just learning how.. he'll be a hell of a lot safer than "that guy"

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I think you have to always be worried about something happening. Even when you know a gun is not loaded, u worry about it just alittle, so you check it again. Thats called responsibility, and I dont think people without it should handle firearms.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    after watching the video, the first thing that comes to mind is, "that guy is a f'ing klutz". How can one guys have so many "accidents"?

No **** this dude should not own a gun. I mean it's a GUN. How do you not safety check a firearm before you do anything with it. I check mine two or three times before doing anything with them just to double check myself.

hochwald

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    South Bend
    this reminds me of an old rule I came up with when starting a new job with forklift drivers.. when "that guy" comes up and brags about how long he's been driving a lift, stay the eff away from him if you can. I'd rather work with a kid fresh off the streets just learning how.. he'll be a hell of a lot safer than "that guy"

Take care with that logic, you won't be introduced to the guys that didn't make it to be oldtimers driving a lift because of their carelessness. There are fresh guys and oldtimers, not too much in between, accidents have taken care of them.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Take care with that logic, you won't be introduced to the guys that didn't make it to be oldtimers driving a lift because of their carelessness. There are fresh guys and oldtimers, not too much in between, accidents have taken care of them.

i didn't say old timers.. i mean the guys that brag about how long they've been driving... "I've been drivin a lift for near 30 years.. fastest one in the building.." THOSE guys...

and you're absolutely right.. the accidents have taken care of MOST of them..

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I've been muzzled by "those guys" at the range. I jump them about it and I get in reply "but I've been handling guns for 30 yrs.". My standard reply is, but that's doesn't mean you have done it correctly those 30yrs. Stop pointing it at ME!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    No **** this dude should not own a gun. I mean it's a GUN. How do you not safety check a firearm before you do anything with it. I check mine two or three times before doing anything with them just to double check myself.

AMEN brother, ME TOO, cannot be 2 careful !!!!!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    i didn't say old timers.. i mean the guys that brag about how long they've been driving... "I've been drivin a lift for near 30 years.. fastest one in the building.." THOSE guys...

and you're absolutely right.. the accidents have taken care of MOST of them..
    I didn't mean to imply that I am better than anyone here handling guns. Just that I respect them, and somewhat fear them enough that I don't take the chances the guy in the video does. I double and sometimes triple check any firearm I will be cleaning, disassembling, putting in the safe, etc. before I do anything. I remove the clip and lock the slide back and visually inspect the weapon before anything else. Even though I just did the same on the range or just took it out of the safe. :dunno:

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon

Gonna have to agree with you on that.

"I'll 'Common Fookin Sense' for $500 Alex."

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Five or six of us were standing around at the skeet range one day and loading our shotguns. Probably 15' across the 'circle'. We all put rounds in the chamber, and when I chambered one in my Win. 1200, it went off. :dunno: Into the ground, btw.
    They all thought i had fired it, but my finger was alongside the receiver and I pointed out the safety was still on. I stepped outside the circle and as we all paid attention, I chambered another round. It went off again!:dunno:

Pulled the plug and unloaded and put it away. When a friend and I pulled it apart, we found the firing pin had broken in half and would shift forward going into battery and fire every time a round chambered. Made a new pin and put ti back together.
    It had probably been fired 400 times before the malfunction. I have no idea how many I fired after that until I sold it many years later.
    Point is, they can malfunction!

xcalibur

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Thanks for posting this safety reminder......
    I might add also to those buying a used gun you might want to look through the barrel before firing it. I had the task of diagnosing a lady friends little .32 beretta which had a failure to feed problem. It just so happened to be in the evening, so instead of test firing first; I just disassembled it for a clean and lube. What I found was a bullet stuck midway in the barrel. Drove it out with a wooden dowel and mallet. She didn't have a clue that it had happened. New pistol and new factory ammo.

Top Bottom