• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    It's this kind of thing that furthers my dislike of Glocks. They make a good product, it's the whole Glock Perfection idea promoted by their marketing people that I don't like. Other companies have defects and take responsibility. Glock has defects and automatically blame the ammo or the shooter. If that doesn't work, they have a "voluntary upgrade" and make a new pitcher of Kool Aid.

Bigkeger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ruling out gun malfunctions, there is no such thing as an "Accidental Discharge".

If your gun is out of its holster you are preparing to potentially fire. If your finger lands on the trigger and it fires unintentionally that is negligence.

I was taught a while back that all unintended discharges are negligent.

It is all media hype. What sounds more innocent "Accidental Disharge" or "Negligent Discharge" Calling it accidental almost makes it sound as if it's okay to accidentally shoot someone in the face. No problem, it was an accident.

Now say as a civilian you shoot someone. If they are looking to prosecute, you can bet your arse that they would use the term "NEGLIGENT".

One last thing, "Accidental Discharges" happen to teenagers not professionals. (Get it?)

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Glock handguns were one of, if not the first, modern semi-automatic handguns designed with no external safety lever. There are more safeties on a Glock handgun, than there are on any revolver.

True but most if not all revolvers have a trigger pull weight and travel at least double the glock.(how many negligence discharges involve a revolver compared to a glock?)

Most of the people on this board are safety conscience gun enthusiast, and know to keep your finger off the trigger. I used to have a FFL/gunshop and when I had someone looking at a glock I always made a point of saying that *** ANY 2 YEAR OLD KID CAN SHOOT A GLOCK*** and keep that in mind if you keep a loaded gun in the house. Some people buy a gun for defence and are not the least bit interested in shooting or the hobby aspect of firearm ownership. I have had some of these people come to the shop and ask how to take the safety off or how to get the magazine out of a gun they bought from me 4 or 5 years ago:eek:. Most everyone here could tell a story that could have easily ended up on the news if it had played out a little different. :twocents:

Top Bottom