• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Unfortunately, amongst the non-gun owning public this gives all of us a black eye. This is the kind of thing that causes them to be for, carry restrictions, mandatory training, etc.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sadly, that Apple Butter Festival is held in my original home town (Spencer). Which, is inhabited by people who know their firearms (for the most part). I'm sure the Spencer paper wouldn't have made so many mistakes in it's article.

The Herald Times though, comes out of Bloomington. This is a town filled with anti-gun hippies (trust me, I went to college there!) It doesn't surprise me at all to see so much mis-information about firearms or that incident in that article.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The truth is probably the guy was showing his gun off and pulled the trigger then made up the story about dropping it.

Right on! What revolver discharges from a fall? Not one that has been made within the past 100 years. A double action revolver with a transfer bar, as all them have, could be tossed from the Empire State building and land on its hammer and not dicharge.

This, above, is 100% on.

Terry

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Here's the story from the Spencer Evening World.

No Injuries In Handgun Accident During Parade

Staff Report

Spencer Town Marshal Richard Foutch noted early this week that at least one miracle happened during the annual Spencer Lions Club Apple Butter Festival – a bullet went straight up into the air and not into a large crowd.

According to Spencer Police Department, a male subject dropped a firearm from his pocket and the gun discharged during Saturday's parade.

After further investigation it was learned that the subject had been carrying a small caliber handgun in his pocket when the gun fell out of his pocket and discharged. The subject did have a valid carry permit and no persons were injured in the incident.

That was the entire story. And they even called it a "carry permit", not a conceal carry permit. lol.
    I would have just put a link, but unless your a subscriber you can only access the front page online.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    SPENCER — No one was injured when a man accidentally dropped his .38-caliber handgun, causing it to discharge, during the Apple Butter Festival Parade in downtown Spencer over the weekend.

While police were tending to their booth at the festival, someone came and told them a man had dropped his gun, causing it to fire in the area of Main and Franklin streets during Saturday afternoon’s crowded parade, Spencer Town Marshal Richard Foutch said.

Police found the man, described only as in his late 40s to early 50s, who said the weapon came loose from its holster and dropped from his pocket, Foutch said. The man had a valid permit to carry the gun.

Police and ambulance personnel searched the area for possible injured people and did not find any, Foutch said. “We got lucky no one was injured,” he said.

Foutch could not estimate how many people were standing in the immediate area of the dropped weapon. “I don’t think anyone really knew exactly what happened,” he said. Police did not recover the bullet casing.
    As much as I try, my guns just sit in their damned holsters and are all boring. No drops, no negligent discharges, nothing. I'd like to find this guy to find out what I'm doing wrong.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Brookfield -

Today a story of abuse and torture so terrible that the victim sought to end his life rather than suffer through another day of this depraved man's torture. A small handgun (model being with held to protect it's innocence) managed to extract itself from the tight confines of it's holster prison, climb unaided up the fabric of it's pocket dungeon then leap to it's possible deep to the pavement below. A miracle escape resulting only in a small AD the revolver was quoted as saying...

"It was a living hell in there...cabbage and beans everyday, the fumes were starting to corrode my finish. The only time I saw the light of day was when Barney Fife there (referring to his owner) would take me out to show me off. He was always stroking my trigger when showing me off...it was degrading."

The owner declined to comment...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Carp32
    Top Bottom