• ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Thank you all for your help and info.
    I'm still very concern and don't recall who said it but it looks like this won't go well.
    I gave Jane all the info and she told my family that she was aware of St. Jude as she was there a week last year before going back to him.
    ***SIGH***
    On the bright side divorce papers were filed today.
    Please prayer for her.
    She needs to find a safe place now. Divorce service is statistically the most dangerous time for battered wives.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    :yesway:.....Agree on all points......an' it blows fer her, an'em kids......:noway:

They was a time.....when the men.....in'a family......would take care this kind'a shizz......know whut I mean ?......:whistle:

Several years ago, my sister's then husband, bought her Valentine's Day candy. Later in the day, he decided to hit her in the face with it. She called my house after she had him arrested. I had literally, just minutes before, blew my back out and could hardly stand. I managed to get a back brace on and get in the truck. I was there about ten minutes, when the local PD called her house and asked for me. Surprised, my sister gave me the phone.

I knew most of the guys on the force at that time, and when she asked how they knew I was there, they just said they know me. :rolleyes: They asked me if he could come and get some clothes so he could go to his Mom's house, I said sure.

My girlfriend was wiggin because I could hardly stand, and she was afraid if he found out, he would take advantage of the situation. I let him in without issue, but he smarted off as he walked out past me. I followed him out to his truck, and let him know a few things. As I was talking, he kept looking over my shoulder, and he started being an ass, he was basically trying to get me to go off. I told him I knew the cops were on the next block, but if he did not shut his pie hole, it would not matter, because in the time it took to get around the block........well you know.

I was in such pain, I could hardly stand, but backs do heal. :): My sister could never figure out why he never came back around to get his stuff for the longest time, and was very helpful and polite when he came to get the rest it.

He did like going to his favorite fishing hole though.....and now has one more cherished memory of being there. :dunno:

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Next time he lays a hand on her, call 911 and he will go to jail. Get a divorce. The resulting PO that he will receive as a condition of his release will prohibit him from contact and possession of firearms. She has to do it, no one can do this for her. Odds are she will not follow through. Sad but true. The local PD might have DV advocates (we do) and they can set her up with assistance and giver her all the support she will require.
    No offense Denny, but a PO (protection order aka restraining order) is a piece of paper and that piece of paper does not stop bullets, knives or any other weapons including bare hands. How many times have we all seen it on the news where the husband gets out of jail next day just to kill the wife within the next 7 days???? Too many, right?
    Obviously "Jane" needs to do something but Jane is a naive woman if she thinks a PO is going to save her from a abusive/violent husband.

Jane needs to get out of there AFTER husband leaves for work and remove all guns from the household to a safe place locked up until this gets "figured out". Then call the police for a PO and have the douche arrested. Video tape works wonders. A big brother to give an arse stomping never hurts.

But to just say the police will save this woman on their very own is naive at best. Police are responders.....not preventers. Sucks that its like that but that is just the way it is.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Jane needs to think about her kids and safety first. If she does not act and file charges, then she will get more of the same. If CPS were to find out, they will take those kids and rightfully so. Also she would be able to keep the house, car and get paid child support.

Bad situation,damed if you do and damed if you don't .
    It's DCS in indiana and they will take those children.

Top Bottom