• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Looks the the LEO was in a hurry to get to Taco Bell to me. I would have brake checked for sure. He was being dangerous. Can anyone show me in an Indiana driving manual where it says you are allowed to speed in the right lane? There is no such thing as a "fast" lane. The speed limit applies to all lanes. You pass on the right... :twocents:

Here in Indiana, post #55 says you don't...

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    Correction: replace my rights with lefts. (I had a moment of DUH.) I still stand by my statement of what the cop did was dangerous.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This thread reminds me of how much I liked Texas when I was stationed down there. I can't count the number of times I was driving on a two lane road and came up on a slower moving vehicle. Down there they will actually pull over onto the shoulder and let a vehicle wanting to drive faster pass them.

Of course down south they tend to have an actual understanding of common courtesy, something largely absent this far north. Half the people around Indy believe driving their car is a **** measuring contest.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    No...but you are incredibly dense.

"Slower traffic keep right, keep right except to pass"- these are basic tenets of driving rules, not to mention common courtesy.

Better read up on your driving manual.

Don't be a bell-end. :noway:

On 465 I don't recall seeing a sign telling slower traffic stay right. On I65 yes people need to stay out of the left lane. All lanes are a passing lane on 465 except the exit lanes since we don't have HOV lanes.If the speed limit is 55 that means its 55 in all lanes. Yes slower traffic should stay to the right so that traffic can flow around. Im not disagreeing that they should have been in a different lane. But they werent doing anything against the law (depending on the state)but the officer broke a few. But I guess thats ok. Im using I465 and I65 as demonstrations since they are local highways majority of us know.

By the way I have almost 500,000 miles safe driving except for a speeding ticket I got a few years ago on a country road.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    On 465 I don't recall seeing a sign telling slower traffic stay right. On I65 yes people need to stay out of the left lane. All lanes are a passing lane on 465 except the exit lanes since we don't have HOV lanes.If the speed limit is 55 that means its 55 in all lanes. Yes slower traffic should stay to the right so that traffic can flow around. Im not disagreeing that they should have been in a different lane. But they werent doing anything against the law (depending on the state)but the officer broke a few. But I guess thats ok. Im using I465 and I65 as demonstrations since they are local highways majority of us know.

By the way I have almost 500,000 miles safe driving except for a speeding ticket I got a few years ago on a country road.

Try reading post #55 again and let me know your thoughts.

Top Bottom