Absolute Frustration! An OC experience...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    OC attracts attention both good and bad. /shrug.

The good news is, it doesnt get much easier to CC than a 709 Slim....right?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Seriously though, engineers do not equate to having logic and common sense...

Yeah...they were probably environmental or industrial engineers--those aren't real engineering degrees anyway, so they wouldn't understand logic. We call IE's imaginary engineers for a reason.:D

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    (sound of clearing throat)

Kitchen is closed.

Yeah...they were probably environmental or industrial engineers--those aren't real engineering degrees anyway, so they wouldn't understand logic. We call IE's imaginary engineers for a reason.:D

IE's are their own box of special. Also, they upset me. They think thy know everything. >.>
    I'm an EE. I PLAY WITH HIGH VOLTAGE!

For clarification, one mechanical, civil and electrical.

Last edited:

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    Lol.....civil.

I blame them for everything. It's always their fault. Always.

ALSO: To anyone in-between Indy and Rossville, allows me to apologize for the car with the Alabama plates. It's been an interesting morning already. And we may or may not be in a hurry. >.>

Last edited:

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Do what you are comfortable doing within your rights. Don't let imbeciles change that. They can go suck an egg. I think I would carry around them more often, and when they crack wise just sit there and smile. Don't let it get to you.

I CC most of the time, btw.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    I dont OC all the time, but have never had any reaction when I do. Maybe because its natural for me to have a gun on all the time, I dont know.

Anyway, after you posted the pic, I might know the answer, or at least some of why they treated you that way.

Guys generally have a subconscious need to take care of women. Its what we were built to do. We are the stong, they are the weak. Thats how it was designed.
    Now here is a good looking lady, carrying a gun, that can obviously take care of herself, and these guys are put off by it, because you now no longer need the men. In general, we like to be needed...
    Of course thats all subconscious, but thats the truth of men and women, deep down.

I personally have no problems with anyone carrying. OC, CC whatever you prefer, but do it confidently. Do not allow yourself to be stepped on by these people.
    Its like anything else, people attack what they do not understand. Different doesnt equal bad, but those who were not raised around guns and have not taken it upon themselves to be educated about them view us as very different. They see things on the news and thats all they need, never mind the actual truth.
    They wouldnt let you speak because they knew they would have no answer to whatever it was you had to say.

In any case, good for you.
    And dont let anyone talk you out of carrying the way you want to.
    If you dont like OC, no problem, CC. If you want to OC, do it, just do whats comfortable for you, and like those fools you had lunch with, dont listen to the nay-sayers.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I have not, because that documentation is not accessible to me. We have two smaller cameras to monitor license plates as they go in and out, and one watching the whole parking lot.

When I was hired, I never filled out any paperwork with the company policies on it. It's kind-of an awkward understanding, but I'm a co-op student. I'm not a full-timer, I'm in my own category. It's a bit strange, but I honestly signed no paperwork other than the information with my social, and drivers license and a waiver that I wouldn't sue the company if I got hurt on the job. I still have yet to see this 'company handbook' that everyone refers to. I even requested one today, and the girl I asked looked at me funny. I don't know.

This company is like 54 people, seriously. It's not that big of a place, and it really is in the sticks. I love the place I work, but I question some things now. I mean, goodness, when I started they were selling 'white paper', other wise known as the beer slot, from the coke machine.

I find it odd, or strange, or whatever that this magical policy came about two weeks ago. I never saw anything go across through email or company notice and I'm pretty on top of that stuff.

I told BlueEagle earlier, if I get reported, and asked to not ever again, then I won't go out to lunch. At least not with them. I also implied that I would like to see it in writing, post dated before I started, or at least at the beginning of this year. To write something into the company policy *after* a questionable situation arises, that stings a bit. And I mean, honestly, I can just go to the president of the company and ask his opinion. It's not like I've never spoke to him before.

I can lay everything out to him, and explain it all... That's fair right? Maybe a little much, but fair.

:):
    Well.....use ta be "the sticks"...place has really grown last 10-15/20 yrs or so....Dairy Queen use ta be big'st eat'n place there....and still kind'a the buzz for breakfast for some o' the ol' codger's that's still breath'n....nice town....ride thru it from time/time....:yesway:

Hey.....is Red's place still open on main drag there?....Dude's got'a be almost 100 by now, Hahaha!....:D

:cool:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Who's Carolynn? :dunno:
    pedro-sanchez_250x235.jpg

Is she hawt?

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    Well.....use ta be "the sticks"...place has really grown last 10-15/20 yrs or so....Dairy Queen use ta be big'st eat'n place there....and still kind'a the buzz for breakfast for some o' the ol' codger's that's still breath'n....nice town....ride thru it from time/time....:yesway:

Hey.....is Red's place still open on main drag there?....Dude's got'a be almost 100 by now, Hahaha!....:D

:cool:

I work further out than that 'sticks'. Seriously. I see turkeys at work. :)
    yeah DQ is where all 'ol' codger's still sit, do nothing and drink coffee all day. Except make fun and start crap with the high schoolers working there.

Red's is still open. He's been closing for what, 10 years. He used to scare me. The Crazy man has put up on his storefront 'closing soon!' ... it's been there for four years that I can guarantee. He's an interesting man....

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I work further out than that 'sticks'. Seriously. I see turkeys at work. :)
    yeah DQ is where all 'ol' codger's still sit, do nothing and drink coffee all day. Except make fun and start crap with the high schoolers working there.

Red's is still open. He's been closing for what, 10 years. He used to scare me. The Crazy man has put up on his storefront 'closing soon!' ... it's been there for four years that I can guarantee. He's an interesting man....

I KNOW! .....HAHAhaha.....He's harmless....really a dang good ol' dude,and really got good prices on his stuff,but....can tell ya this....ain't nobody wanna try'n grab/rob the ol' dude....can tell ya that....Hahaha ! :D

I got some kinfolk live/raised their kids out there....they kind'a hardpress'd ta live anywhere else.......:):

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    :laugh: Mr88GT is cracking up.....he's an aero and I hear crap about civils all the time.

I was going to be an Aero... and then I saw the amount of chemistry I had to study. Nope. Noooooope. I loathe chemistry. However, the physics of chemistry I rock at. /bragging

Top Bottom