• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I did it over 15 yrs ago at Anderson. It was AWESOME! But I hear they don't really do static line/solo for certification anymore.
    You'll have a blast!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Seriously dude, it was a figure of speech! Don't take it literally, I apologize and I promise I'll not let my emotions get the best of me next time we debate.

That sounds like a blast, I'm looking forward to an AAR.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Remember to keep your mouth closed. Did you grab the right backpack? I hate it when I jump and I accidentally grab my overnight bag instead of my parachute.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Some outfits use some barometric unit that will deploy the backup chute automatically (In case you get knocked out or something during freefall and cannot manually deploy the backup).

To me, it was disorienting lookng down once the chute was open. They had a radio, telling you where/when to turn... I kept looking for the LZ without luck until I was a few hundred feet up. I realized then that it was directly beneath me the entire time... Just a strange view.

But what was really cool, was we did our jump 2nd to last at dusk. Floating high up after the chute opened, I was bathed in sunlight, but down below it was all dark and the lights were on. It was surreal, and more inspirational than the initial jump itself (Climbing out on the the strut and then hanging there a few thousand feet in the air)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Keep the feet up on landing!

I saw a few nasty parachuting injuries when the chutes didn't open properly. Xenia, OH is a big skydiving mecca

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Well, the chute opened. Looks like you guys are stuck with me.

I landed about an hour ago. My hearing is still jacked up. Apparently my ears are very slow to equalize. Ouch.

What. a. rush.

Top Bottom