• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    All previous posts aside, Kenyan Kare promises "access" to health care, but where does it state that you are actually going to get it? With the country facing a current shortage of 30,000 doctors, think along the lines waiting for a store to open so you can look for .22LR ammo. You have access to that store, but are you actually going to get it? And as far as the VA goes, yes they are under funded, under staffed, and over worked. It ain't pretty, and it's going to get worse. Read the entire bill, and it will start to become clear. And look for the amount of dollars that an employer pays in for your health insurance to be classified as income and that will be taxable!

You will have access on paper to guaranteed affordable care. But not access to a provider or facility. That being said, supply and demand will not be allowed to play a role.

Unless the gov't trains more health-care workers and builds more facilities, this won't expand access at all.

Or maybe the .fed is thinking about training legions of "barefoot doctors" like they had in Maoist China? I'm sure there are many in the Obama Admin (and here on INGO) that would say that is a great idea...

Barefoot doctor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    You mean like how of I have insurance, the Dr charges $350 to the insurance company, but when I'm self-pay it's only $115?

That, and people going to the doctor just to run up bills and get prescriptions. I'm sorry but if you have a cold or the flu get some Ibuprofen, drink plenty of fluids and man up and deal with it.

In the auto insurance industry alone, fraudulent injury claims cost 4-20 BILLION dollars a year. But if it can't be proven, insurance has to pay. Imagine what could be done with an extra 4-20 billion a YEAR getting rid of fraud.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    My 2 cents: I have already seen dramatic increases in my insurance premiums, I know people whose hours are being cut from full time to part time and pert time jobs are drying up.
    I also know that even if you don't have health insurance (I think that its dumb not to), the hospitals can not turn you away. How has Obamacare addressed this? Sure you can be fined for not having it, but its cheaper than buying it at present rates if you are single young and healthy. Those that can't afford it now, will not be able to afford it later and will still use the system from free health care. Don't even get me started on the illegals

I think Obamacare is good in theory, but the bastardized version we have is full of political agenda costing businesses much more to comply and confusing everyone. If the law is so good, then why are there so many exceptions to unions etc.. and congress has their own plan?

It's Marxist in theory. I can't fathom how the government can require I purchase a product because I'm a citizen.

Top Bottom