• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, turn out was a bit lighter than I had hoped but those of us who showed had a heck of a time. The weather could not have been better. It was sunny and just the right temperature all day. There were guns a plenty and the ammo was also plentiful. We made a lot of beautiful noise today. I really enjoyed myself and had a great time meeting my fellow INGOians. It was nice to put faces and voices to the avatars and screen names finally too. Here is the lot of us in case you wanted to check us out... :ingo:
    main.php

that's me on the far right, I leave it to the others to ID themselves... :)

I also wanted to share this video, I brought my .32 cal gonne with me to try out, this is its first shot...
    [video=youtube;YVRY1jH7ozg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVRY1jH7ozg[/video]

That's about it. I do want to thank Churchmouse for letting me shoot his M1A. I enjoyed making the steel gong ring every time no matter where he said I was hitting. :laugh: There was a whole lotta rifle shooting going on today which was nice to watch and do. A few impromptu competitions on the pistol line which made for a good time trading jibes with each other and an all together good time today. I want to thank all of those who showed up today, it was great to meet you all and I look forward to doing this again sometime soon.

Yes folks, it will happen again before too long I am sure. The time for the Indianapolis area to have all the fun and all the gatherings is done. :cool: We will be having more events in our area and hopefully better turn outs as we go forward with this too. I am thinking the next time we do this we could combine shooting with eating since they are my two favorite things to do. Maybe try having a grill out at ProTEQ along with the Open Shoot and make a day of it that way. Time will tell though and I will see how Don feels about it when I get back from Florida (going to see my Mommie :baby:) in October. Can't have it interfere with the INGO Chop In either since I want to go to that myself too.
    ​THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE WHO SHOWED UP!

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    had a specfreakintacular day :) met a lot of nice folks , churchmouse too !!! excellent facility & a BIG thanku to DON for having us !!!...:)

bobby bobolink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Paradise Bay
    Had a blast, yeah I know, bad pun. hope your shoulder is okay:): Churchmouse knows who i'm talking about. Sorry to miss Cathy in Blue. My wife occasionally gets a migraine, that's when I have to be quiet as a mouse. (not a Churchmouse either:):) In case any one is wondering, i'm the one with the "old rifle"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We are 2nd,Son in Law Manny/3rd, son Travis/4th, Churchmouse.. from the left. Had a wonderful time. Met some great people (you to dleak....:):)

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had a blast, yeah I know, bad pun. hope your shoulder is okay:): Churchmouse knows who i'm talking about. Sorry to miss Cathy in Blue. My wife occasionally gets a migraine, that's when I have to be quiet as a mouse. (not a Churchmouse either:):) In case any one is wondering, i'm the one with the "old rifle"

Yes, the shoulder is OK as of a few minutes ago but there is some male pride involved.........:):

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I get migraines so I understand. When I get one I hide in my bedroom, which has all the windows covered with foil so no light gets in, plus I tuck a towel under the door so there is ZERO light, then I stay very still with the phone unplugged and hope the pain will stop. It seems that if any light gets in and hits my eyes it feels like it's making it even worse (I won't describe exactly how it feels since it's kind of graphic).

There will be another one of these though so let's hope it won't be migraine season next time. :thumbsup:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    sorry I missed you guys, just to much family stuff going on. Hopefully we can do something like this again and Ill try to make it.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I did talk to Don before I left and he seemed open to making this happen again. I am sure it will too as he got a couple of new members to join today and that's always a good thing from his side of things. :)

Depending on how fast winter moves in maybe we can squeeze another in before it does, if not we are sure to have one as soon as Spring breaks and the mud dries.

It really was a good day and I am glad it worked out as well as it did. So never fear, there will be another one at least if not more as the weather and Don allows.

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    When I get one I hide in my bedroom, which has all the windows covered with foil so no light gets in

warthog are you sure thats the only reason you have foil on your windows ??? just sayin :)

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Howdy All, It was good to see you. Several of you I have known for years (we won't discuss how many years since it reminds me of what reflects in my mirror - ha ha). There were about ten shooters present in total, but some had left before the picture was taken. I enjoyed seeing you all there and sharing in the discussions. Sorry I could not stay for every minute, but the Property was busy, and I had to work (It is a TOUGH JOB when your work/office is on the range and your duties involve shooting every day...You all feel sorry for me....right? HA HA HA).

I'm fine with more INGO Outings. They can expand to include a cook out, different hours, scenario setups, or other challenges. We just have to fit around the training and match schedules for Lemon Valley. The facility you used is the restricted valley for specialized activities (certain calibers, special bullets, particular groups of shooters, etc). The Main Range (the one you did NOT use) is nearly ALWAYS open 7 days a week from 8:00 AM till 8:00PM or Sunset (the earlier of).

For Lemon Valley it is generally best to set dates early. I will start scheduling 2014 in two months. The Cowboy matches and the training schedules ALWAYS have priority over all other events and are thus given first choice at the start of scheduling. Once those dates are set we can place INGO event(s) into the calendar.

We didn't handle the paper work correctly yesterday, I'll take the blame for that, but we got by. AT the next INGO event I'll use the Special Event Method paperwork to insure EVERYONE is signed in before they shoot. "You all come back...ya hear"

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    DON was an excellent host, taking time out from his chores to welcome & give the tour to each visitor upon their arrival ... this will be my new home range & that should tell anyone just about all they need to hear :) thanku don

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Looks like you all had a great time, sorry I missed it. If there's another one, it will be outside of boating season, and I'll be there. The sunny days are spent on the boat, momma says so.:ingo:

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Thank you all for showing up. I enjoyed spending the time shooting and yakking with each person. I am up for more shoot n greets. Any one who says they will show and then turns into a no show will be picked on mercilessly, however. (you know who you are...lol) :) ;)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, how about giving me some ideas for when it should be if it is to be this year?

I will get with Don and see if we can find a specific date that will work.

Here is my no-go times, 23SEP13-11OCT13. My birthday is 25OCT13 which is a Friday so we could have one on the 26th. :ingo: It is also the only weekend the Valley isn't booked. November is all booked up and December may wind up rather chilly but I'm game for chilly.

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    :twocents: i say book the 26th :twocents: i WILL show up as a newly inducted paid member (assuming churchmouse doesnt blackball me) ... might suggest drafting a volunteer or two (shifts maybe) to ensure paperwork is done properly ... maybe a roadblock check in station ?...

Top Bottom