• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Appleseed ROCKS!!! I arrived about 0830 at the range- I'd have been earlier but there's that whole "work" thing... I found 12 shooters, an IIT, and a Shoot Boss all eager to start. We began with a safety briefing and some history due to the range's rules about start time. Our shooters soon enough were putting rounds down range, though, on that first Redcoat. We saw determined shooters ready to learn and ready to improve! A few points of instruction and a few "squares" later and we saw some who had no groups at all suddenly coming down to 8, 6, and four MOA groups. Yes! Before long, it was time for lunch, provided by the Chefs of Cloverdale, our Shoot Boss's daughters. More history, a little discussion, and back to the range to punch more holes in the targets. The Patriots' Day volley was moving to me... I am very hopeful that our Founders were as moved as were we on the line. We had shooters at all levels of ability, but what they all had in common was desire to learn and the hearts of patriots. We fired our last Redcoat, packed up, then went to the clubhouse for the last of the history. I wish I'd been able to come back the next day, but alas, another will need to finish out the AAR.

For my part, I would like to thank the club, our caterers, my fellow instructors, and most of all, our shooters. It is a pleasure to be a part of your awakening and getting off the couch.

I am told that on Sunday, we did have at least one Rifleman as well, so my congratulations to him and to any other who did likewise.

Congratulations to INGO's own "Eddie"! Well done!

Blessings,
    Bill

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Aah ....Sunday was great! Cloudy, cold and windy, but dry.
    Except for the mud!

And indeed we did have a Rifleman - Jon with a 225. I don't think he wanted to get wet!

Also did a little ringing of steel in the afternoon. My thanks to all who joined us this weekend .... come back!

Dave

Top Bottom