• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Saw this parked on campus at IUPUI today. It didn't really seem to be owned by a group or anything, but it did have a list of "organizations against gun violence" on the back including the IMPD. I didn't take a picture of the back because I didn't want to have to black out the license plate.

Apparently, "guns cause problems." I'll have to go tell mine that, they certainly weren't aware. Also, the way to end violence is to "take the bullets out."

It's got two big bullhorns on the top, but I don't really know what they are for. They weren't playing anything when I saw the van. The vehicle looks like its been around for a while, anyone else seen it or knows what it is?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm thinking about getting magnetized stickers that say "Kill 'Em All, Let God Sort 'Em Out!", "Blackwater", "Smile, You're In My Sights!", "Go Ahead, Make My Day.", "Guns don't kill people, I kill people" and "AK-47: When you have to kill everybody, accept no substitute."

Then maybe I'll to park the rental car next to that guy. Then maybe I'll sit back and record what happens next.

Jackass (the TV show), here I come!

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Did you notice the length of the van or as some people might call it a bus (vw micro bus). Well its kinda of short a.k.a. SHORT BUS , for transport very special people from location to location . If you notice the guns that are on it are XDs , I think what the special transport people are tring to say is Don't Buy XDs.:popcorn:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The van belongs to a young pastor who ministers to gang members to attempts to talk them into turning in their guns. He helps them find jobs and take GED classes. He is a former gang member and convict and does a pretty good job. He also travels to sites where shootings occur to speak with, pray for, and minister to victims. I believe his name is Corey, but I can't remember his last name.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    YES! WE THINK GUN VIOLENCE IS WONDERFUL! WE DANCE IN THE STREETS WHEN GUN VIOLENCE HAPPENS! THREE CHEEERS FOR GUN VIOLENCE! HIP HIP, BANG!

(purple intentionally left out, 'cause if you're THAT stupid)

Que, he sounds like a worthy guy.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So you all have a problem with stopping gun violence?

I don't think that's the case, but maybe some look too deep into the purpose of the van. I would not say it's focused on law abiding citizens, but the thugs of our society.

IF he (Pastor Corey), were to ever tell me the message was directed at me, then I would have a problem, but I don't think that's the case.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    The problem is, by just viewing that van and the message he has plastered front to back on it, he's not distinguishing between legal, law-abiding gun owners like us and the thugs and gangbangers he's attempting to spread the word to.

Just walking up on that van, I'd be disgusted that he was speaking to everyone about all guns. I'd probably scoff at the van, crack some smart-ass comments, and probably do what the OP did, take pictures to mock it on the internet. Context is everything.

Thanks to Que for at least adding a bit more info. If the message the owner is putting out is good, good for him. But he's going about it wrong, and throwing a very strong anti message with his loud and obnoxious van. It's scare-mongering and damages any positive message that people like the good members here attempt to promote.

I wish him well with his cause, but I wish he'd change his van.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    The problem is, by just viewing that van and the message he has plastered front to back on it, he's not distinguishing between legal, law-abiding gun owners like us and the thugs and gangbangers he's attempting to spread the word to.

Just walking up on that van, I'd be disgusted that he was speaking to everyone about all guns. I'd probably scoff at the van, crack some smart-ass comments, and probably do what the OP did, take pictures to mock it on the internet. Context is everything.

Thanks to Que for at least adding a bit more info. If the message the owner is putting out is good, good for him. But he's going about it wrong, and throwing a very strong anti message with his loud and obnoxious van. It's scare-mongering and damages any positive message that people like the good members here attempt to promote.

I wish him well with his cause, but I wish he'd change his van.

Well said. Apparently he has a good message but I wish he'd change his van a little.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Stopping the violence is a great message but the signs will turn off a lot of people before he has time to get his message out.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    You should have shot out the windows and tires, and then left a note saying: "Sorry, my gun was upset about your message and decided to act up on its own. I really couldn't control it, it just started shooting all by itself. The only way I could get it to stop was to take the bullets out."

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    You should have shot out the windows and tires, and then left a note saying: "Sorry, my gun was upset about your message and decided to act up on its own. I really couldn't control it, it just started shooting all by itself. The only way I could get it to stop was to take the bullets out."

:lmfao:

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    When I first read this topic I thought...OMG the pictures of that van that got shot up a couple of months back actually happened again.

(my INGO FU is FUBAR) I can seem to find that thread in a search.

As for this thread...That's why it's the United States Constitution, Freedom of Speech and Expression, if you don't belive in any of that, then you might as well throw your second rights out with the rest of them.

I serve in the military and have told people that disagree with me, that I serve so you can have that right and choice to choose to say and think what you want.

I have no problem with this Van, it's no different than having an NRA sticker on your truck, or any of the thousands of stickers for firearms, hunting, fishing, politics...this is just bigger.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    When I first read this topic I thought...OMG the pictures of that van that got shot up a couple of months back actually happened again.

(my INGO FU is FUBAR) I can seem to find that thread in a search.

As for this thread...That's why it's the United States Constitution, Freedom of Speech and Expression, if you don't belive in any of that, then you might as well throw your second rights out with the rest of them.

I serve in the military and have told people that disagree with me, that I serve so you can have that right and choice to choose to say and think what you want.

I have no problem with this Van, it's no different than having an NRA sticker on your truck, or any of the thousands of stickers for firearms, hunting, fishing, politics...this is just bigger.

Very well said.

Top Bottom