• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well I would just like to say thank you to the shooting community for sharing the wealth of knowledge with others. While I am not completely new to shooting there is a lot I don't know, and the community as a whole has been very helpful. I first came here about a year ago after I purchased my first handgun. I was looking for advice, tips, and possible training. I got all that and more!

My next venture was into the long range precision area. I started looking at rifles and I was just about as lost as you can be. One member in particular (Indygunworks) was very helpful in informing me of the choices out there, and what to look for. After a few months I was confident enough in my knowledge to purchase a Remington 700 in .308 along with a Falcon Menace scope. And while I haven't had a lot of trigger time on this set up, I'm hoping that will change this season. I'm also looking to learn more about the actual shooting portion of this venture over the next several months.

And finally (kind of what made me want to post this), we come to my .22. Some of you may have seen my range report the other day about my Model 60 .22lr. If you missed it you can find it here. Well I got a few questions answered and made a couple purchases...I worked on the trigger, and while its still not exactly great, there's a small improvement. Also, under recommendation from numerous members here I got a CenterPoint 4-16x40 scope at WallyWord. I got it mounted up today and got back out to the range. WOW! what a great scope for the money. If you look at the groups I was getting before, I went from those, to the groups pictured below. And that was just the first time out, shooting about 150 rounds.

I can't wait for the rest of the summer! I am really excited to get out more and shoot, and hopefully be able to help others that will travel the path I'm on now.

So thank you INGO, and the shooting community as a whole!

Pics...

A target someone left up that I decided to shoot at.

I doubt I'll write up a full report, but you can see that I went from groups at about .85" to groups that are running about .30". This is with the same set up I had from the other report plus the new scope.

Top Bottom