• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    I bought my father a 6 paddle dueling tree target from Bobcat Steel about a year ago. He has a few wooded acres that we shoot handguns in. He placed his paddle target back out there recently (it got put in the barn during the winter).

The recent storms knocked a very large rotted tree straight onto the top of the paddle target. The paddle target did not bend, or bow, or even fall over. Instead, it was driven straight down into the ground.

The paddles still swing freely, but the entire base of the paddle target was forced straight into the ground. We will be cutting the tree up shortly and attempting to unearth the paddle target.

I just found it interesting and thought that I would share :D

+1 to Bobcat Steel- well worth the money for a fun target and a quality product

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Lol, thanks for posting this!
    How tall was the tree? Looks like a big ole sucka....

If it is any easier.....let me know if you need/want a new upright. We can work something out, I'm sure. Then just transfer all the other bits over.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    Lol, thanks for posting this!
    How tall was the tree? Looks like a big ole sucka....

If it is any easier.....let me know if you need/want a new upright. We can work something out, I'm sure. Then just transfer all the other bits over.

The tree was HUGE, though I could not tell you how big right now (I live 45 minutes away, and I did not measure before I left)

I appreciate the offer to work something out on a new upright, and I might have to take you up on that. I will let you know once we get it out.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    The tree was just jealous having to watch you guys all the time. It took one shot and got all of the targets on one side. Pretty good shot I'd say. :D

You have to love Bobcat Steel. My tree is my favorite target, then the FS silhouette, then the 10" gong. All are top notch and made in Indiana to boot! :rockwoot:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Make sure to let us know how deep it was driven into the ground and post pictures of it where we can see the tree and the legs of the stand after being dug out.

Top Bottom