• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boneshaker214

Plinker
    Jun 11, 2011
    just a thought when i was there the other day .. if u guy's could put some messurement on the floor , so people can see how far they are shooting.. it has been a few week since i was there not sure if that had been done already ...

thanks,
    jay chambers

perry

Master
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I agree, it'd be nice to also have 5 and 10 yard markers.

Jay, did you notice the construction tape streamers hanging from the ceiling? Those are 7 yards and have been there since they opened. I've been there a few times so I'm "immune" to whatever signs they have mentioning that.

Last edited:

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hopefully this week I will be getting in there to mark distances that everyone can see. I tried marking with streamers hanging from the ceiling at 7 yards. That was probably not the best idea. Many people saw these as they used them as a target and they are getting shot up. Not their intended purpose but that is what has happened. It is on my to do list. We have several things on the to do list to make the range better such as ventilation and marking distances, etc. Some of the problem areas we have were considered but we were not sure what was going to happen until after things got going and the range had some use. I expected it to be and get busy but it has far exceeded my expectations. The range has already seen a lot of use so now it is time to start fixing the problem areas and making a few improvements. I appreciate everyone's feedback thus far and look forward to seeing many more of you using the range in the future.

Malard

Plinker
    Oct 12, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Maybe some small folding tables under the windows in the range, had to set my backpack on the floor and with two people in one lane makes it difficult. I was very impressed with the range and prices! Plus your 10mins away from my house!

IndyIncog

Plinker
    Dec 8, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Maybe some small folding tables under the windows in the range, had to set my backpack on the floor and with two people in one lane makes it difficult. I was very impressed with the range and prices! Plus your 10mins away from my house!

There are actually small benches underneath your shooting platform for range bags, backpacks, purses, and so forth.

boneshaker214

Plinker
    Jun 11, 2011
    I was there today to do some shooting and seen the 7 yrd mark painted on the floor. I think that should do.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I've made half a dozen trips to the range now and my official final rating is 9/10. (10 being perfect).

Deduct .5 points for ventilation. I will however say that it's better than it was the 2nd week you opened the range.
    I'm sure it will get better with time. Again, minor to the experience because everything else is great; just making note of it.

Deduct the other .5 points to maybe consider putting a coat rack of some kind in the corner of the room.
    Just would be nice to throw all my "junk" and jacket up and out of the way.

Take no offense though, just minor things to mention. You guys still rock and will always return for business. :rockwoot:

Jeff

IndyIncog

Plinker
    Dec 8, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've made half a dozen trips to the range now and my official final rating is 9/10. (10 being perfect).

Deduct .5 points for ventilation. I will however say that it's better than it was the 2nd week you opened the range.
    I'm sure it will get better with time. Again, minor to the experience because everything else is great; just making note of it.

Deduct the other .5 points to maybe consider putting a coat rack of some kind in the corner of the room.
    Just would be nice to throw all my "junk" and jacket up and out of the way.

Take no offense though, just minor things to mention. You guys still rock and will always return for business. :rockwoot:

Jeff

There are coat hooks in each booth +.5 back

We installed another ventilation fan last week. +.5 back, winning! :D

Come in and check it all out.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    There are coat hooks in each booth +.5 back

We installed another ventilation fan last week. +.5 back, winning! :D

Come in and check it all out.

I was in today. I did take advantage of the little shelf underneath the lane stand.

And... ventilation was better than it was. I walked out of there this time without a sweet taste in the back of my throat. ;)

Alright, alright... I give. 10/10.

:rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Mar 28, 2009
    Stopped by to visit the range again today, the new ventilation fan made a big difference! Great job!
    Thanks. Glad everyone notices the difference. Kinda of a learning curve. The original set up was supposed to do the job and found out real quick it did not. Live and learn.

USMC1811

Plinker
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I want to thank the person who turned in my lost magazine. It took me several days to be back to the range, but the folks at Indy Trading post kept it and I was able to claim it. Good people, good store, good range. Thanks to all.

Top Bottom