• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BackFromDC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    My HOA has a litany of rules and regulations that no member has bothered to read or follow. Inversely, my old HOA in the DC area cited me for a tree in the HOA common area falling onto my fence and causing "non-uniformity to architectural rules"

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My HOA has a litany of rules and regulations that no member has bothered to read or follow. Inversely, my old HOA in the DC area cited me for a tree in the HOA common area falling onto my fence and causing "non-uniformity to architectural rules"
    Personally, I'd have advised them that you weren't responsible for the tree--maybe they (the HOA busybodies) might actually be liable for the damage caused by it?
    And of course after they denied any liability and insisted on the citation... Told 'em they were all ballot boxes, and to get stuffed.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Personally, I'd have advised them that you weren't responsible for the tree--maybe they (the HOA busybodies) might actually be liable for the damage caused by it?
    And of course after they denied any liability and insisted on the citation... Told 'em they were all ballot boxes, and to get stuffed.
    generally, unless you notify the tree owner in writing that there were issues with the tree, the damage is on you.

Somebody else's tree falls on your stuff with no warning, your homeowners needs to cover it.
    Known issues that the tree owner doesnt fix before it falls on your stuff, its on the tree owner.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    generally, unless you notify the tree owner in writing that there were issues with the tree, the damage is on you.

Somebody else's tree falls on your stuff with no warning, your homeowners needs to cover it.
    Known issues that the tree owner doesnt fix before it falls on your stuff, its on the tree owner.
    Yep, its an act of god.

BScott

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2018
    Southern IN
    Awwww the poor little sheeple didn't like the loud noise. F them! They shouldn't be allowed to mow their grass then because mowers are loud!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Awwww the poor little sheeple didn't like the loud noise. F them! They shouldn't be allowed to mow their grass then because mowers are loud!
    No doubt. I'm in the backyard watching Jeepers Creepers 2 with my dog on a 10ft screen with 4 bose speakers giving me surround sound. Doubt i could get away with that living under the control of an HOA

1000005805.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No doubt. I'm in the backyard watching Jeepers Creepers 2 with my dog on a 10ft screen with 4 bose speakers giving me surround sound. Doubt i could get away with that living under the control of an HOA

View attachment 386368
    Noise is a town ordinance issue here. Jeepers Creepers really ain't my genre, but if you had Spaceballs on the big screen I'd show up with adult beverages.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Noise is a town ordinance issue here. Jeepers Creepers really ain't my genre, but if you had Spaceballs on the big screen I'd show up with adult beverages

Love that movie. Make the trip up and I'll put it on. Invited anytime.

It's October so going with the "horror" movie theme tonight

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    an undisclosed commission is a kickback!
    If a realtor is directing you to a new build, they are getting a commission. Most builders and realtors disclose this readily and it's been 18 years since we went that route, but I'm sure it has to be disclosed in the paperwork.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If a realtor is directing you to a new build, they are getting a commission. Most builders and realtors disclose this readily and it's baan 18 years since we went that route, but I'm sure it has to be disclosed in the paperwork.
    Ummm i see you have yet to read my most humiliating post EVER!

Top Bottom