• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    The best part about HOAs is they give us a group of people to practice trials on before we move on to, well, in Minecraft...

<EDIT>

Miguel is reminded of Stalin's apocryphal quote, "How many divisions does the Pope have?"

How many divisions does the typical HOA have?

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    It's a dual fuel, I have two of them (price was so good, why not grab a spare).

A'ok with gas here so I get the full power output and we can do everything like we're on utility power.

View attachment 386015

Its cheaper and easier to run it on gas, with plenty of 5gal cans filled and then 36 in the truck, I'm good to rock and roll. Plenty of gas stations to fill them up vs limited propane filling stations (or in my mom's case, needing a truck come top it off)...

I bought the DuroMax 11,000IX inverter model. It will run our entire house as we have a swamp cooler instead of refrigerated air. (What they call A/C out here with a compressor). Also dual fuel with 2 100 pound propane hogs, plus anywhere from 10-30 gallons of ethonal free gas for motorcycles and small engines that I cycle thru a couple of times a year. I figure I can get about 5 days out of the propane.

It’s a lot quieter than my old open frame 5500 watt. We live on 5 acres with subdivisions on three sides, which I “assume” have HOAs.

I put up a new shop with security lights down both sides and decorative lights on the end, out by the road. I plan on throwing the circuit breaker to kill those lights, our house is back in the woods and not very visible from the road. My transfer switch is at the shop, 115 feet from the house, but I don’t like the idea of people driving by and seeing that we have power, when it’s out. Honestly, I’d say the majority of people out here have generators. We are fenced in with two German Shepherds. I’m thinking more about civil riot type situations, than weather issues, tho fires are always an issue out west. I’ve thought about staying up at night walking the perimeter and napping during the day, if it really comes to that. The dogs will absolutely give us an early warning of any intruders. I have no problem stacking cordwood.

Last edited:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Because of the bad humans can and will do. The constitution gave the people the right to create government while also removing that government when it became oppressive. The laws also give property owners the right to create a self governing system of covenants, restrictions, and an HOA to maintain them while also requiring mechanisms to change or abolish them.

I find it interesting that many of the most vocal opponents of HOA’s live in the country on land. Living on .17 acres with 15 feet between houses is a different would.

This is not an HOA issue in any way. Let’s look at the letter that was sent, if it was real. (I used pic to text so may not be precise.)

Subject: Noise Complaint Regarding Generator Usage During Recent Power Outage

Dear Non-HOA Homeowner,

We are writing in response to several complaints received from HOA members regarding the recent power outage that affected the entire town. While we understand the challenges of a blackout, your actions during this time have raised concerns among the community.

During the outage, you ublized a gas-powered backup generator to restore power to your home.

While backup generators are not prohibited, the following issues were raised.

1. Excessive Noise: Multiple HOA members reported that your generator was loud and disruptive, causing undue disturbance throughout the neighborhood. Such noise during an already stressful situation aggravated the discomfort for those without power.

2. Perceived Unfairness: Several HOA members were frustrated by the fact that while the rest of the community was without power, you were seen watching the game on your tv.

• Consider a Quleter Alternative

Be mindful of neighbors.

We hope this letter serves as a reminder to maintain community hammony, even during challenging situations. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us

To me this letter was informing the property owner of the complaints received by the HOA from members while and asking for consideration while acknowledging they had no legal right to stop the use. It certainly does not seem overreach to send a third party a letter noting the complaints received. INGO told me that was an appropriate way to resolve issues between neighbors.

I own several generators and get both sides. I get it that neighbors likely are hot in a power outage, maybe trying to get a baby to sleep, and they have their windows open desperately trying to get a breeze while the neighbor has a 90db generator running all night with an additional 70db from the AC unit, while they have every right, can be seen watching TV while all the neighbors suffering.
    As I said before. To each his own.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    talk about a commute! how close is the nearest strip club from LaGrange?
    An hour, but I don't believe she is stripping. But I do come and go at all hours with my sound job, and I notice she does the same at all hours. Don't know if she is parting ETC. And don't really care. lol

Top Bottom