• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why is this so hard? The HOA covenants and restrictions are in writing. The use of a generator is either allowed or it is not by said covenants and restrictions.

Actually I have wondered if use of a generator all night violates some cities noise ordinances?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why is this so hard? The HOA covenants and restrictions are in writing. The use of a generator is either allowed or it is not by said covenants and restrictions.

Actually I have wondered if use of a generator all night violates some cities noise ordinances?
    Did you notice that the person was NOT part of the HOA?

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My parents HOA would complain about my Charger being loud. I had to be at work at six and before the restoration it was my daily driver in the summer. I never raced through the neighborhood or anything but old big block Mopars will tend to have a rumble to them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That HOA members will try to impose their rules on others, whether they are part of the HOA or not. :dunno:
    They have no leg to stand on to force him to do anything unless there is a noise violation. I have been expecting this issue to come up soon. Talked to a power guy recently he was inspecting about 4 whole house generators a day. We all know those without will weep and whale, and nash teeth when their neighbors that prepared have power and they don’t, just as these people did.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I ran my generator for four days once during an ice storm caused outage. Neighbors were livid with me because I had my Christmas lights on too. They were beautiful with no other light pollution and a white yard reflecting them.

I also ran cords to my elderly neighbor so he could stay in his house.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They have no leg to stand on to force him to do anything unless there is a noise violation. I have been expecting this issue to come up soon. Talked to a power guy recently he was inspecting about 4 whole house generators a day. We all know those without will weep and whale, and nash teeth when their neighbors that prepared have power and they don’t, just as these people did.
    Why anyone would complain that their neighbors were prepared is beyond me. Must be that whole "Equity" mindset that has become so pervasive in our society today.

Top Bottom