• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It may well apply to US MIL also. However, I have no LEO friends (and i do have some) that had their friends blown up by a roadside bomb. So I tend to cut them all the slack they want. Until it is a massacre of Americans I will most likely not go MIL bashing.

There's not reason to bash either en masse.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Something has been swirling around in my grey matter for a while that has really started to irk me.

Why does the general society place such importance on military and LEOs? It is almost as if godhood status has been bestowed on people that have VOLUNTARILY chosen a dangerous profession. It is akin, IMO, to the idiotic idolatry of celebrities. Not any of the above mentioned professions are forced upon a single soul in the USA. We do not have conscription; have not had a draft since the early 1970s; do not force people into jobs that garner the spotlight. These jobs are CHOICES made at the individual level. Pure and simple.

Do not get me wrong. I appreciate most of what military and LEOs do for security purposes. I simply refuse to give them any more credit than "job well done" when it is merited.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that is just the point. They VOLUNTEER to serve and protect those that cannot do it for themselves. By the way, that means putting themselves in the line of fire so you don't have to. It also means that for that VOLUNTARY obligation they have taken on that they also get the reward of spending months and even years away from their familys. They get the opportunity for their young children to forget who they are. They also get the added benefit of having their family life strained from the stress that they have to control while doing it.

You have the right to refuse to give them credit. Just please think about the fact that THEY are the ones who make sure you get to keep that right.

Take a trip to the VA hospital and look at all the VOLUNTEERS who have lost limbs, sight, the ability to even scratch their own nose or wipe their own butt. I better quit before I type something that will get me kicked off this site.

Know how you can tell who a LEO, FF, or Military is????? They are the ones running TOWARD the things that everyone else is running AWAY from.

In my opinion.....GOD BLESS THEM EVERY ONE..:patriot:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Know how you can tell who a LEO, FF, or Military is????? They are the ones running TOWARD the things that everyone else is running AWAY from.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Haters....just shut up. Grow a set.
    I have met a few butt heads that were military. What branch of life does not have it's share. 99% of the folks who served that I know, have met and spent time with are to be respected if for nothing else that they are good citizens. That is the shortcoming we are facing in this country right now. A lack in citizenship. JMHO

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    POLICE Suck, Sheriffs Suck, Border Patrol Sucks, Marines Suck, Airmen Suck, Soldiers Suck, Sailors Suck, oh and you Suck too....

I'm just glad you didn't say that the true heroes suck...the truckers of this country. Many nights I go to bed and if I prayed, I'd be praying that all the goods I'm expecting to buy over the next few days make it to their destination safely and on time. You have no idea how hard my life was the last time I had to take a rain check and wait a week for a random item. If you would have added them, I'd be begging for the neg rep back.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    This just occurred to me and I can't remember if it's been mentioned on this thread: Military personnel not only voluntarily serve their country, they also voluntarily give up a number of their Constitutional rights as well. They don't have freedom of political speech, for instance. . .

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I disagree with the premise. I don't think most people even like the police or military. A lot of people are just anti-authority types anyway. This thread is a good example of that. There seems to also be a lot of folks who think the job can be done by anyone. Well, that certainly isn't so. There are people turned down every day for both. I know long time cops that feel, that in general, people aren't worth risking one's life for. We are supposed to be a country of laws and that takes people who are willing to defend the constitution, so suck it up! They don't want you fawning over them, just stay out of their business.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Why did this get drug back up?

Personally, I hate cops and military. To be completely fair, I really just hate everyone in general. Cops and military are in that group of everyone. :):

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    6 year old thread?! :popcorn:

tumblr_inline_nz8iwlgxqx1t523lt_540.gif

Crittersdad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2018
    Jasonville
    Police officers do indeed have a dangerous job.

Measured by fatalities per 100K, police officers rank in the top ten behind:

Fishermen
    Loggers
    Pilots
    Farmers
    Coal Miners
    Roofers
    Garbage Workers
    and
    Truck Drivers

The 15 Most Dangerous Jobs In America

Lots of brave folks out there worthy of respect, but in my opinion military folks are in general a cut above.
    Well said

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Wow
    I was still in the Army when the thread was going on!

I don’t care if you hate me or don’t respect me !

I emptied trash and buffed floors with dedication and perfection for the American people!

p.s. It’s all good as long as your checks don’t bounce!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    With the alcoholism, hypertension, heart disease, depression and IBS that accompanies practicing law, I would think we would be respected more than we are.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom