• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    Went to the indoor range on New Years Eve with the wife. We had borrowed a friend's G26. She really liked it and decided she wants one for carry. :rockwoot:

After doing some looking locally, we found one in stock at Dave's Guns in Holland, IN. About 20 miles up the road for us. Made the trip after church.

The guy that waited on us has been a customer in my hobby shop several times so we had a friendly relationship. My wife and I have had discussions on how to carry. I had her read through several posts here.

As we walked in the door, he set the gun up on the counter. I filled out the paperwork and started shopping while he called it in. We were checking out various holsters when he came back. When I told him that we were looking for a holster for her, he told me that he was done talking to me. He then focused on my wife, asking questions, listening to the answers and then making some suggestions. I wandered off and shopped. Heard her laughing across the store a couple of times. Haven't picked out the mode of carry yet, but came away with some good ideas and more discussion.

:+1: for Dave's Guns. And a new G26 for the stable.:draw:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Awesome :rockwoot: Sounds great! Nice to hear they took good care of you guys and good to hear that he listened to your wife's needs and helped her out. Congrats!

floatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    It's cool that he told you he was done talking to you, and needed to discuss things with your wife. I think it showed a lot of respect and expertise, nice to hear with all these "Gun store jerks" posts we've been seeing lately.

GunSlinger77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's great when you don't have a 'know it all' boys club rep behind the counter! Congrats and this is also good to know for when I do a road trip!!

engineerchica

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    What caliber is a G26? And why did she like it? I'm casually looking for a handgun and love to hear all opinions.

Top Bottom