• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    QUICK.....BAN ALL GUNS!!!! THIS IS JUST ANOTHER CASE OF ONE GOING OFF ON ITS OWN. THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!!

In all seriousness, glad it didn't result in anything more serious. The guy probably made a mistake field stripping it. I'm sure he figured that since he was alone, in a hotel in another state, with nothing better to do, that he should probably just clean his gun....

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    multiple safties was the biggest reason I bought the XD for carry the first thing this guy should have done was learned how to field strip and clean it before ever loading it! Then he should have taken it to the range for practice before carry!

I use this story as an example why all the mechanical safties in the world are useless if the most important one isn't. (safe that is)

We were having a discussion at work about ack being a more powerful grep (unix folks here know what I'm talking about) The ultimate line from the discussion was "My tools don't need to be powerful.... I'm powerful."

The same holds true for firearms. Your firearm doesn't need 90 safeties if you are safe.

Top Bottom