• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Has anyone heard anything about this. I just got this from a forum on a Military group I am in. This is the post.....

What do YOU think ? ? ? ? National Strike on January 20th 2010, Will it WORK ? ? ? ?
    text.gif
    Posted - 2 days ago
    newicon.gif
    Word is spreading over the Internet like wild fire of a National Strike on January 20th 2010, near the day President Obama is to give his first State of the Union address to America. People are being instructed to call in sick or just not show up for work as the anger towards America’s leftist government continues to grow. On that day many tea party demonstrations are planned to protest the Administrations continual denial that more jobs are needed for the masses.
    Many Americans have been asking how I can make a statement to show my displeasure with this government. Why aren't they listening? How can we get their attention?
    Well, this is the way. By not showing up to work on Wednesday January 20th 2010 you will be sending a clear and present message straight to the Oval Office. Congress will be watching also as services slow down and many come to a halt.
    This is the technique that Gandhi and Martin Luther King used to get the attention of governments that ignored the majority.
    You see, it doesn't take violence to change things when you’re the majority. Any majority is capable as long as they communicate and coordinate properly.
    So, let’s get with it and spread the word to derail Obama’s mockery of our constitution and our heritage. Let’s make the headlines read “National Strike Sends Obama into a Tizzy.

Would or could enough people participate to make any kind of a impact? Would one day be enough?

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Since we are the minority - too many sheeple are still drinking from the kool-aide fountain shaped like Obamatard's genitalia - and as such, would not make much of an impact for only one day. Now, that being said...... should it be for one week..... now that would make some folks notice. :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    What do YOU think ? ? ? ? National Strike on January 20th 2010, Will it WORK ? ? ? ?
    text.gif
    Posted - 2 days ago
    newicon.gif
    Word is spreading over the Internet like wild fire of a National Strike on January 20th 2010, near the day President Obama is to give his first State of the Union address to America. People are being instructed to call in sick or just not show up for work as the anger towards America’s leftist government continues to grow. On that day many tea party demonstrations are planned to protest the Administrations continual denial that more jobs are needed for the masses.
    Many Americans have been asking how I can make a statement to show my displeasure with this government. Why aren't they listening? How can we get their attention?
    Well, this is the way. By not showing up to work on Wednesday January 20th 2010 you will be sending a clear and present message straight to your boss and you might get fired. Congress will be watching also as services slow down and many come to a halt.
    This is the technique that Gandhi and Martin Luther King used to get the attention of governments that ignored the majority.
    You see, it doesn't take violence to change things when you’re the majority. Any majority is capable as long as they communicate and coordinate properly.
    So, let’s get with it and spread the word to derail Obama’s mockery of our constitution and our heritage. Let’s make the headlines read “National Strike Sends your Boss into a Tizzy.

Would or could enough people participate to make any kind of a impact? Would one day be enough?

Will or can anyone take a day off work without getting fired? I wouldn't necessarily be canned for no-call, no-show, but it'd be debatable. I'd rather people keep their jobs - those of us left who still have them, rather. (Also, fix'd your post for you, sir.)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Maybe, Maybe not but, I don't think hurting private businesses is the way to protest. :twocents:

As a business owner I have actually been thinking of doing this.

Realize that the government gets its money from our tax dollars. As long as the businesses are open the tax dollars will flow into the government coffers from these businesses. They flow in from sales tax, they flow in from various employee taxes levied on the business, they flow in from excise taxes levied on the products (in addition to the sale tax), they flow in from income tax on the business and, if an "S-Corp" then they flow in from the income tax of the business owner.

So really people calling in sick won't do much, and if they go out shopping they will actually be FEEDING the government.

What needs to be done are for the business owners to "Go Galt" and shut down for a day, or more.

If you have not picked up a copy of Ayn Rand's book Atlas Shrugged then please do. You will understand very clearly what we must do.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My boss shares my political views, and thinks it's time for a change also, plus he signs my paycheck every week, if he tells me not to show up on that day, I won't. I can't see where skipping a day of work is gonna do any good, cause at best, your gonna get maybe 1% participation.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Well, half of the population is out of work or on the way.

And those that still have work propbably don't want to hurt their shrinking pay check.

Why don't we all use our gray matter, keep working, and stop paying taxes.

Starve the Beast.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I guess the only way something like that would work if there was alot more support behind it than "word spreading over the internet". There would be a need for some people to support and rally people for it, like Glen Beck, Rush, Michelle Malkin and others. But I don't really see them stepping out like that now. There would need to be support from buisness owners and a large number of the workforce for anthing like it to be effectfull. I don't know if the people of this country will get fed up enough and have enough backbone for say all the cab and bus drivers, air traffic controllers and pilots along with all the other more low profile workers in the country to take a couple days off all together to make a statement.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    reminds me of the "everyone don't get gas on this day" threads.

Let's just vote them ALL out, regardless of what party they belong too....except for Mike Pence :D

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    As a business owner I have actually been thinking of doing this.

Realize that the government gets its money from our tax dollars. As long as the businesses are open the tax dollars will flow into the government coffers from these businesses. They flow in from sales tax, they flow in from various employee taxes levied on the business, they flow in from excise taxes levied on the products (in addition to the sale tax), they flow in from income tax on the business and, if an "S-Corp" then they flow in from the income tax of the business owner.

So really people calling in sick won't do much, and if they go out shopping they will actually be FEEDING the government.

What needs to be done are for the business owners to "Go Galt" and shut down for a day, or more.

If you have not picked up a copy of Ayn Rand's book Atlas Shrugged then please do. You will understand very clearly what we must do.

:+1:

Precisely what I thought of when I saw the thread title.

Unemployment is about 10% right now. Not good, but hardly half the population.

I'd be surprised if you got 1% participation. That would be huge. Most people don't care.

Gov't reports say 10%. That is only people who are receiving gov't payments for unemployment. Other estimates are around 20-25% which I would guess to be more accurate. Also, there are many who are "under-employed, i.e. lost a full time job and are working part-time to make ends meet, or are working a low-wage full time job while looking for more work.
    I think the 50% (also including those headed for unemployment) was somewhat of an exaggeration for effect.
    Estimating those who are headed for unemployment seems a bit like estimating jobs created or saved.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Personally I think if you work in the right field than this has some real power to it. As an employee of a small <25 person privately owned family business it makes no sense.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    ^dude really?

Yea, I couldn't resist.
    My faith in this current form of government is almost gone.
    I've emailed, faxed, called and written letters to all of my representatives in the past few months.
    If anything anti 2nd floats, any further retreat, I am resigning my faith in this political system to the trash can.

Top Bottom