• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    Item is a 30 rd mag. Maryland law states: "After June 1, 1994, it is unlawful to sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer any detachable firearm magazine (except a tube magazine for a .22) that will hold more than 20 rounds. Possession is not prohibited."

The buyer is a cop according to my internet research.

Is this a sting?

Edit: He did not reveal that he was a cop. I researched his e-mail address.

Last edited:

GtEcH25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Bloomington
    I highly doubt they're going after you for 1 mag. He probably just saw your good deal and is wanting to try and get his cache up. How do you know he's a cop? Also, if it was a sting he probably wouldn't say he's a cop.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Item is a 30 rd mag. Maryland law states: "After June 1, 1994, it is unlawful to sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer any detachable firearm magazine (except a tube magazine for a .22) that will hold more than 20 rounds. Possession is not prohibited."

The buyer is a cop according to my internet research.

Is this a sting?

I highly doubt they're going after you for 1 mag. He probably just saw your good deal and is wanting to try and get his cache up. How do you know he's a cop? Also, if it was a sting he probably wouldn't say he's a cop.

Assuming the buyer is a cop and he lives in Maryland. It's ok for him to break Maryland State Law to "get his cache up" or is he above that law?

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I would decline. If their state citizens cannot own them, I certainly wouldn't sell it to him because he is above us peasants. Just tell him you are not comfortable selling a high cap mag to someone in a ban state.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Just like the guy who asked about selling an AK or Saiga drum to a guy in CA who wanted it shipped to an address in NV. Tell him you are fine with it, but it must be sent to an FFL. If he is able to own it, the FFL will take care of it. If he isn't, well he's SOL and you're in the clear.

whispers76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    I would cite the law & tell him you may not agree with the law in his state, but that you cannot sell to him. If it's illegal for other law abiding citizens, than cops should not have them either.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    If he were a cop he could get one through his department or a police supply place. Cops get preferential treatment from a lot of companies on things we commoners can't get or pay a much higher price for. I'd pass. :twocents:

GtEcH25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Bloomington
    I never said he was above the law. I would reject the sale if I were the seller. The buyer knows the laws there and he is clearly breaking them. If its for duty use, he can get a letterhead from the department. If not, he needs to find some place he can pick them up locally. A bunch of our guys buy their own PMAGS for their rifles and don't bother going through the department.

And yes, all of you "peasants" are clearly below us. :rolleyes:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I wouldn't sell to him, but unless I misread your post it isn't YOU who would be breaking the law. There is no Indiana law against you offering the magazine for sale.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I would cite the law & tell him you may not agree with the law in his state, but that you cannot sell to him. If it's illegal for other law abiding citizens, than cops should not have them either.

I like this. ^^^^^^^ And I wouldn't sell to anyone that isn't a resident anyway. Too much at stake.

Good catch with the Google search too. He's prob. legit, buuuuut . . . . Could be working up data to show how easy it is to purchase from out of state too.

BTW, is there anything in Indiana Statute that addresses selling to people in state where it would be illegal?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I would decline. If their state citizens cannot own them, I certainly wouldn't sell it to him because he is above us peasants. Just tell him you are not comfortable selling a high cap mag to someone in a ban state.
    Possession of the item is not prohibited in the state, him buying from a private individual would seem to be, if the Maryland law is quoted correctly above.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    it might be a sting like the New york city cops did, get someone else to break a local law & they try to charge you in their home state court..

Pretty sure our Indiana AG would tell them to **** off.

Of course you might not be able to step foot in that state for fear of incarceration; but then why would you want to?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    it might be a sting like the New york city cops did, get someone else to break a local law & they try to charge you in their home state court..

Exactly. Then you are paraded by the liberal anti-gun media, Bloomberg's anti-gun mayor group, the Brady turds, the anti group that the Giffords started and the Sandy Hook pac, as a law breaking, gun running, gun nut.

When I sell, mostly on Ar15.com, I no longer sell to any state that has an AWB or actively works against a citizens 2nd Admendment rights.

I'm not going to be in a jack pot, by some sting run by a gun task force JBT.

Top Bottom