• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiiynDRCg6s]YouTube - A Boy and His Rifle[/ame]

Craig -- I mean, imprimis5 -- bought this rifle last Saturday at Beech Grove Firearms and got it out to the range today. He likes it.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Cool vid, where did you guys get the Zombie target? :rockwoot:
    Mosins are so easy to like, how else can a man arm himself with a full power battle rifle for the cost of a 22 plinker?

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    The target came from Zombie Targets

That particular zombie is Steve.

We had a blast. Besides the Mosin we shot the WASR 10 (Rumanian Kalashnikov), Craig's revolvers (.22 and .357), and my pocket gun, the little Kel-Tec PF9. We left the other half of our armory at home today.

imprimis5

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    Plainfield, IN
    I don't find the bayonet adds any difficulty aiming. But given the fact that the M44 is rather attached to its bayonet, it's kind of a moot point.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    where were you shooting at?

The more I read about the Mosin the more I am thinking about getting one. Maybe a Christmas presetn for myself!!

If you dont mind others fondeling your fine weapon, we should hit the range some time. I dont have anything real cool other than my Colt .45. You'd be welcome to shoot it.

grumpe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    whiteland
    Nice looking zombie. I have a mosin nagant, it's one of my favorite guns to shoot. Never had a problem with it other than shooting crappy ammo and the bolt sticks. Good shootin guys! :):

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    What is the general consensus on the M44 vs. the M 91/30? I like the M44 for its shorter, more standard length vs. the M 91/30 that is like an old flint lock musket length.

I just wish aimsurplus carried the M44!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I prefer the M44 over the 91/30. The carbine length is easier to handle and transport and much easier to clean. At least for me, anyway. If you like the M44 but hate the bayo, pick up an M38.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Sorry about the partial thread hi-jack, but heres a video of me shooting my M38 with no bayonet. I picked this one up about a year ago for $100 all numbers matching. Great shooter with a ultra smooth action.

Top Bottom