• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bRAD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    i was not aware of this happening. however i can't say that it suprises me much. the government wants to have tabs on everything.

kjonesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Palmyra
    We need more dealers like you

I was unaware of this and so far haven't found that pile of money. But today I went ot Georgia Arms to buy ammo and they had posted that the DOD now destroys all .223 and 308 brass effective immediately. Sounds like the new administration has begun his program of pushing up ammo costs.

hoosiergc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    The irony is that I can buy 2 .22lr derrigners in a week and get put on a list but several Ak's without....briliant I say

I hear that. Doesn't make much sense.

My original post, and the example of the fellow getting a visit from ATF, was not meant to imply that this might be standard procedure for all multiple handgun purchases. I would imply that it might be a possibility if like him you are involved in 4 or5 multiple purchases over the course of two weeks involving 40 or 50 firearms, 3/4 of which are handguns. BTW, that is the only verified case I have ever heard of.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I had a nice FFL once tell me to come back the next day for less paperwork. ;)

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    My FFL told me this whenever I ordered two pistols, he didn't mind the paperwork, just wanted me to know. I appreciate FFLs and the work they do, its God's work.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    About ten years ago I worked at a gun shop and was a Chief of police of a small town. I bought guns all the time at great prices because we had a lot of Department trades. Well I bought five model 66 Smiths to make 3 working ones. They cost me $20.00 each. One day I was at the police department and the ATF called and asked me " do you know IAM1096, he has been buying alot of guns." I told them " yes he is a great guy and collects them." I was told thank you and never heard from them again. :@ya:

JMYoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Plainfield
    Thanks for this, I intend to by a 9mm and a .22 for practice. I may be paranoid but I do not want to end up on any list anywhere. But certainly as few as possible. Politicians change, agendas change but once they have the list they certainly will not lose it.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Thanks for this, I intend to by a 9mm and a .22 for practice. I may be paranoid but I do not want to end up on any list anywhere. But certainly as few as possible. Politicians change, agendas change but once they have the list they certainly will not lose it.

Do you really think they "throw away" the 4473 info after you fill it out?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I thought I would post this info here for those who aren't aware of this (trying to get my posting count up!)

I see that you are pacing yourself. ;)

You should be able to send PMs by this time next year. :yesway:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    When an FFL dealer(I am one)sells/transfers more than one handgun to the same person within 5 business days (Saturday and Sunday do not count) they must fill out a federal "multiple handgun transfer" form

Please explain the comment "Saturday and Sunday do not count". I have asked two different ATF examiners what "5 consecutive business days" means, and have gotten two different answers. :n00b:

Top Bottom