• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My wife upgraded her insulin pump today. The trainer mentioned these as an option for the pump.

Kinda cool. They have lots of color and patterns.

DONUT_720x.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My wife uses a heavy duty nylon phone case made by Nite Ize from the contractor supply area (tool belts etc) at the hardware store. She's been using them for about 10 years now.

But, I will show here those you shared

Edit- she likes the nylon case because it fully encloses the pump to help keep rain off it and she can use the small pouch inside to carry stuff like bank card, cash etc without having to carry anything extra

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I get where you are coming from but not all diabetics get it because of eating habits.

My wife has had it since she was 8yrs old. Her dad had it, grandma had it and 2 aunt's have it. Genetics can be a b****
    I know that, and I didn’t imply that, what I meant was people who are diabetic are supposed to go real easy on the sweets, unlike my uncle who has had it since he was a kid, he would skip his shots on occasion and just eat some candy… could be why he was in a coma for awhile :dunno:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I know that, and I didn’t imply that, what I meant was people who are diabetic are supposed to go real easy on the sweets, unlike my uncle who has had it since he was a kid, he would skip his shots on occasion and just eat some candy… could be why he was in a coma for awhile :dunno:
    Right on. Sorry, I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I know a guy who has one of those and he is good to Joe...I mean go.

He'll see this and laugh. Might even text me!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    That one looks fancy

My wife has one from Medtronic and it's probably just over 1/2" thick and roughly 3"x4"
    That's what we just ditched. Medtronic's customer service has degraded so far over the last few years. The India call center is horrible. We got screwed/lied to when we last upgraded about 2014 or 2015.
    She's been with them since 2004 or 2005. But they are a joke anymore.

Tandem and Dexcom is the new stuff. Hopefully we have better service.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That's what we just ditched. Medtronic's customer service has degraded so far over the last few years. The India call center is horrible. We got screwed/lied to when we last upgraded about 2014 or 2015.
    She's been with them since 2004 or 2005. But they are a joke anymore.

Tandem and Dexcom is the new stuff. Hopefully we have better service.
    My wife is on her 3rd Medtronic pump since @ 2003. The one she has now she has had for probably 3 or 4 years. She has to wear a sensor and the infusion site so it can automatically monitored her sugar. However they rarely are even close to what her sugar is when she check with her meter. Yes, their customer service is pretty bad.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My wife is on her 3rd Medtronic pump since @ 2003. The one she has now she has had for probably 3 or 4 years. She has to wear a sensor and the infusion site so it can automatically monitored her sugar. However they rarely are even close to what her sugar is when she check with her meter. Yes, their customer service is pretty bad.
    That was the exact setup my wife had. Her mom and brother have been using this tandem/ dexcom setup for a body year and a very very happy with it. This technology is far superior to what the Medtronic has available right now.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    One plus about the new set-up my wife went to, no more calibrating the CGM multiple times a day. The trainer said on average, users only manually check their BG once or twice a week.

Top Bottom