• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I need to start saving up for another belt. Since I started working out, I've dropped 6 inches from the gut and I've drilled the last hole I can drill in my Comp-tac belt and it's getting loose.

Debating on a Beltman or an SOE.

That's what you get for being so healthy! :laugh:

Good for you! :yesway:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Usually you can find a leather worker in your area that can make a belt just for you.Years ago I had a saddle maker friend make me several,and these made of saddle leather are still in use!

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Does anybody know of a good gun belt $40-$50, that is black on one side and brown on the other? You know, so you can flip it based off of what you are wearing.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    For all who some day may want to get a nice gun belt for Work, Business or Church. I recommend The Beltman. Gun Belts by The Belt Man

You may out grow yours as I did, but you'll never outlive them assuming the Beltman belt's are not destroyed in a fire or earthquake, etc.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I just put on my www.beltman.net belt and I am impressed. It is a fantastic belt. I will say, sizing a belt online is tricky. I ordered a 35 inch belt, next time I'll probably order a 36 inch. It still fits fine with my gun IWB though. And it makes it so comfortable. +1 to the Beltman :bowdown:

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I need to start saving up for another belt. Since I started working out, I've dropped 6 inches from the gut and I've drilled the last hole I can drill in my Comp-tac belt and it's getting loose.

Debating on a Beltman or an SOE.

Go to a leather shop and have them cut your old belt, stitch it up and put new holes in it.

nantzh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Southern
    Another vote for beltman. I have had one for 3 years and wear it 6 days a week. I got the velcro optin and it does quite well with my crossbread supertukc. I also have a crossbread belt, with velcro, for casual wear. I have only had it for probably 2 years, and it does not get wore nearly as much. It has held up well also. Both belts i suspect will still be in service many years from now.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    After using my beltman I may go so far as to say a good belt is more important than a good holster for IWB. To have both would be best, but if I had to choose one I would go belt.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I need a belt that I can wear everyday in a business casual environment so it has to look nice. I am not carrying now, but when I start I want to be able to use the same belt. I like the looks okay of the Daltech, the Beltman is out of my budget and SOE appears to only offer tactical style belts.

One question I have is, what width do most people wear. My jeans, dress pants and shorts will all handle a 1 3/4" width. But does it look funny? My current dress belts are 1.5".

BTW, I am not a big man. 5' 11", 170.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    All of my belts are 1.5", except for one plain black dress belt. That way they can be used with both jeans and khakis.

And I say "all of my belts" even though the only one I've worn for the last few years now has been the belt I got from Beltman. If I want it to look a little more tacticool I swap out the chromed buckle for the black buckle I bought. lol.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I need a belt that I can wear everyday in a business casual environment so it has to look nice. I am not carrying now, but when I start I want to be able to use the same belt. I like the looks okay of the Daltech, the Beltman is out of my budget and SOE appears to only offer tactical style belts.

One question I have is, what width do most people wear. My jeans, dress pants and shorts will all handle a 1 3/4" width. But does it look funny? My current dress belts are 1.5".

BTW, I am not a big man. 5' 11", 170.

All of my belts are 1.5", except for one plain black dress belt. That way they can be used with both jeans and khakis.

And I say "all of my belts" even though the only one I've worn for the last few years now has been the belt I got from Beltman. If I want it to look a little more tacticool I swap out the chromed buckle for the black buckle I bought. lol.

Oops, I need to correct myself. My current dress belt is 1 1/4" wide. My belt loops are wide enough for a 1 1'2" belt.

Looks like 1 1/2" should be good to go. I am going to measure my belt loops on my holsters to make sure. I think I thought it was bigger than it really is.;)

nantzh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Southern
    Oops, I need to correct myself. My current dress belt is 1 1/4" wide. My belt loops are wide enough for a 1 1'2" belt.

Looks like 1 1/2" should be good to go. I am going to measure my belt loops on my holsters to make sure. I think I thought it was bigger than it really is.;)

I wear a beltman everyday in business casual. I would suggest getting the velcro strip on the inside of the belt, and a holster that utilizes this strip. I have a crossbread holster with velcro clips that sit behind the belt and connect to the velcro on the inside of the belt. It is very very well hidden. Without the velcro the clips or loops of your IWB holster will be very visible.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I wear a beltman everyday in business casual. I would suggest getting the velcro strip on the inside of the belt, and a holster that utilizes this strip. I have a crossbread holster with velcro clips that sit behind the belt and connect to the velcro on the inside of the belt. It is very very well hidden. Without the velcro the clips or loops of your IWB holster will be very visible.

I'll have to try to find this to get a visual of it. Not sure how it would relate to my holsters as they have belt loops on them and they are OWB style.

Top Bottom