• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    OH ya, back to the original question! I say either an AK or Sig 556R. I own both, but find the Sig 556R to more accurate, ergonomic, and easier to mount an optic on it. I loves my AKs, but I had to have a 556R for the upgrades it offered over the AK in ergonomics.

Brick

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    is there a decidedly poor platform for this round?...maybe that bullpup keltec..though i always thought it seemed interesting

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    is there a decidedly poor platform for this round?...maybe that bullpup keltec..though i always thought it seemed interesting
    short barrel rifles are not good for the round, it will still shoot straight but you dont get the same tumbling effect out of very short barrels. the problem for most guns is the 7.62 x39 has a very pronounced tapered case thats why akm, cz vz58 and ak47s have the very curved magazine.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    ar upper? the rounds wont work in the magazine with the pronounced taper they have to my knowledge you need a dedicated ar15 for this.

Barrel, bolt and mag.
    That's all you need. The trick is finding mags that work with the 7.62x39 round.
    I've found C-Products mags work flawlessly. I just ran a few mags through mine a couple of days ago

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    With luck I'll be picking up my Arsenal SLR-107FR tomorrow. I'll post my thoughts (all good hopefully) and maybe some pictures. It came down to the Arsenal or the Zastava O-PAP, but just felt better about the Arsenal for some reason.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I picked the Sig 556r. It is more accurate than an AK and uses AK mags.

I really liked my 556r that I had, it was a sweet shooter and definitely more accurate than my ak I had. Only real complaint I had with the 556r was it's pretty nose heavy which was fairly annoying to me.

Top Bottom