• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Any woman who cleans guns desearves more rep than I can give. .

Ain't it the truth! I thought I got the last lady in the world who would skin deer and clean fish. Although not so much any more.:dunno: Glad to know there are still other ladies with class out there.:yesway:

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    I have 2 that I really enjoy and that is the Smith & Wesson 22A and/or the Sig Mosquito! Both of these are a blast to shoot and I even carry the Mosquito some time depending because it cancels so nicely.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have the p22 and it is very fun to plink with.Also the guy who designed the magazine was brilliant...has a slidder you can hold down while loading(no sore thumbs).

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I would like to try one of the new Sig Misquito's. They look pretty neat.
    I like my Mosquito because it's a SIG and made for an easy transition to the P226 when I upgraded to 9mm, but it is incredibly picky about ammo. Mine only feeds CCI Stingers reliably, and even then it likes to be cleaned about every 250 rounds or so.

If you're in the Indy area, you're welcome to shoot mine sometime to try it out first. :)

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Walther and Sig get big style points, but are so ammo picky, i can't recommend them. I also havn't seen good accuracy out of them. The Brownings and Ruger's are much better choices, i think. I havn't shot a smith and wesson 22a, so i don't know about those.

If you want a real .22, get a Single Six. Hands down best ever. Ever.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Mind you all of the semis talked about above are fine plinkin' weapons.....................but I picked up a S&W 617-4 K-frame 4" barrel 10rd revolver and OH BOY does it do one hell of a job plinkin'.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    If you already have a 1911 pattern pistol that you like, you cannot go wrong with a Marvel Precision .22 slide/barrel unit.

Marvel Precision 1911 .22 rimfire Conversions

This is not your typical 1911 conversion kit. These things are highly accurate - you will often see people shooting them in Bullseye competition. Mine has been super reliable too. Put one of these on top of a quality 1911 frame with a good trigger, and you just about can't get a better .22 autopistol.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was (and still am) a big fan of the Colt .22 series, but I don't think they're made anymore..

Is that the 1911 Ace? A factory 1911 in .22? My father in law bought one of those with an extra mag at the Kokomo show. It's a cool pistol...I can't wait to take it out.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I was thinking more along the lines of the Woodsman or the Cadet.. very similar feel to the 1911 as far as grip angle, though, and I've heard of more than a few folks that train with the Woodsman/Cadet as far as point and aim..

Surculus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    K'ville
    Just picked up a Smith 22A.Great little can blaster.Alot easier to strip than my Ruger Mark.
    100_0252.jpg

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Colt Cadet line of pistols are nice shooters and not all that expensive. I have one and it shoots great. My complaint with them is the location of the mag release, it will release your mag if you drop the pistol into your pocket.

Top Bottom