• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Thanks for the clues guys, I didn't realize that was a lighter model. I too think the heavier press would be worth the money, no question! :yesway::yesway:

I have the lighter model and think i made the right choice. Now i have never used the "heavier" one but there is nothing wrong with my press and i've had it just over 2 years and loaded about 10,000 rounds on it so far. Not even a hiccup. Not telling you what to do, just dont completely count it out. I've had good luck with mine.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I don't know about the rest of you but I think the Lee safety scales are very hard to read. I think you would be a lot better off getting a simple set of RCBS 502 scales.

The Lee scales do have a poor reputation and that is one piece of equipment I would NOT recommend getting from them. The RCBS or Lyman scale would be a much better choice.

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    The lee scale does take time getting used to. I trust mine however, there are much better choices out there. I borrowed a friend's RCBS scale. It was much easier to read and use. The scales weighed the test piece almost the same. Too bad he moved away.

I'd like to get a digital scale but the $$ of a good one is just not in the shooting budget.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I got the Frankford Arsenal DS-750 for $20 during a sale Midway was running. I've tried over and over to get it to do something so I won't trust it...so far, I have failed and it has not.

Slim400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    INDIANAPOLIS SS IN
    If those are thecalipers that you're going to be loading I would strongly suggest to look at the Dillon Square deal B it is one wonderful little pistol press I can virtually say that I have loaded in the neighborhood of about 600,000 rounds on the one I have and that is no exaggeration I load for myself about eight or nine buddies two adult children and seven or eight first cousins and with the exception of a tuneup kit about every five years have spent nothing on the press had a couple of bushing warrantees through Dillon other than that no problems at all and you're talking about $250 more than the LEE equipment cost I would suggest if you've never reloaded before to take the class is offered here on the forum and particularly if you've never used a progressive press or find a friend or someone on the forum to go through with it the first time on progressive you'll definitely understood stand how short stroking can become a problem you're still going to need a way to polish cases then decide whether or not you're FMJ or cast bullets if you have led available to you I would strongly suggest the cast but what's your cost by 60 to 70% any questions feel more than free to post back will be glad to help :patriot: :ingo:

hockey3236

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    currently using a Lee Loadmaster for 30-30, 40 sw and 44 mag. have had no problems just a slight learning curve

hockey3236

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    have used the lee yellow cups and a digital scale to check the loads, out of five loads ea. usually no more than .01 difference +/_ from the lee suggested load of 29.5. only a plunker so this is just fine for me and my 30-30 loads. also tested loads in the ranges of 26.6, 28, 28.5, and 29.5.

Top Bottom