• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    I am not for people doing drugs. I include cigarettes and coffee as drugs. Since you can get addicted to both easily. Many nondrug things can be worse then a drug itself. Including gluttony. The war on drugs has not stopped people from doing drugs. If you are a idiot and do stupid drugs then you would have done them either way since you are too stupid to listen to the law. How can you enforce the drug laws?? People in JAIL where they are watched 24/7 locked in a cell no freedom to speak of STILL get drugs. How can you stop citizens from doing the same. Ill tell you how POLICE STATE. So you have 2 choices POLICE STATE or Freedom. Freedom and Liberty are not easy and a lot of people will fail but it is the best coarse for society. Why lock someone up for doing something with his own body. When he does commit a crime lock him up for that. If the law that says you can not steal does not stop him why would you think the law that says do not do drugs will stop him.

Its like the gun sign laws. They do NOT stop the criminal they just hurt the law abiding citizens. Drug laws work in the same way they do not stop the addicts they just cost the tax payer and also create a state where police can use drugs as a cause to violate your rights. Drug sniffing dogs (who do not indicate drugs) and then the cops still search your vehicle.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    but the most important thing, and in your story even reinforces the fact is "that the person wants to quit!" i got into a "discussion" with a Id10T runnion for local office, he said we need more "diversion programs" for drug offenders, less jail time! then he said the new drug problems are comming from drug cabinets abd that kids are going through their parent medicine cabinets!

i laughed at him and said "my medicine cabinet wont explode!" (we had been talking about meth labs!)

now my story with drugs(not me but my familys)

my father is an alcoholic has been all his life!, about 30 years ao he started trying to quit, never worked he didnt want to, 25 years ago, he got drunk accused my mom of cheating on him with a guy at work(mom has taking all the overtime she could, my dad had been laid off for a year or two, and had just got back to work at a new job, and had taken a major pay cut, and since mom was a nurse she could get all the ot she wanted), and as she was getting ready to leave, he threw a pot of hot coffee on her, that night i took my sisters to my grandmoms house, and i went back home, but when i got home he was gone, he'd left to go to a friends house, i got home from work the next day, and he was on the couch with mom crying, he was waiting for me to come home to say he was sorry, he'd talked to his friend, and my mom, had talked to his new job, and they had said that it was ok for him to go to rehab(he would still have a job and that insurance would cover the cost), that was the last time he drank, and 25 years later, he's still clean and sober! (he has his 25 year aa chip).

before that day, i wanted to kill my dad! i hated him! every time i saw him he was drunk! and i didnt see him often! all through school he worked second shift, so i only saw him on weekends, but i remember seeing bear cans littered all thru the house(well beer cans on payday...and mad dog the farther it got away from payday)

but he wanted to quit that time! he had a reason! my mom, and mom passed away 2 years ago, and i talked to him, i said i was worried that he would start drinking again, he told me that he promised my mom he would never drink again, and that he still means it, he's my best friend.

now the other drug story...
    my nephew, at 16 he was sent to "kiddie jail" in vincennes, got out at 18, still drinks, still smokes(weed) and other drugs(meth im sure), he's stolen drugs from my father(he got cought trying to smuggle it into the kiddie jail), he got a ticket for minor in possesion of alcohol, and didnt go to court, so im sure he has a bench warrant for his arrest, he's done others that i wont put on here!

but now the big differance between the to stories...one wanted to quit the other dosent!

Kids were raiding the medicine cabinet when I was a freshmen in high school.......1964. This is nothing new.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Kids were rsiding the medicine cabinet when I was a freshmen in high school.......1964. This is nothing new.

But the home drugs were way better back then -

Secobarbitals, Tuinals, Pentobarbitas and Amobarbitas. Oh, sorry - Reds, Rainbows, Yellows and Blues. :):
    Colors Man.

Not that I know anything about them....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But the home drugs were way better back then -

Secobarbitals, Tuinals, Pentobarbitas and Amobarbitas. Oh, sorry - Reds, Rainbows, Yellows and Blues. :):
    Colors Man.

Not that I know anything about them....

I have to admit I was pretty much a virgin to all of that. I had a few buddy's that wigged out in clas and thought better of it.
    Now beer, cherry vodka.....hell yeah.

This all changed deeper into the age of Aquarius but never at school. I wanted it done and over with.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Interesting. I think his number 1 thing, reuniting with family, speaks to a large issue at hand here. It truly stresses how important family really is, and as time goes on it seems there is less of a family unit atmosphere in America.
    Laws cannot help families reunite, that is a personal struggle. I do however feel that the current setup we have now is not working though I have no solution to the problem. People have been doing drugs for various reasons for thousands of years, the drugs change but one thing never does. That's people still do drugs. You can get something to make you feel funny anywhere you look if you want to, whether it be plant, root, mushroom, synthetic chemicals, pharmaceuticals, etc.
    As far as laws go though, I think that harsher penalties for some would probably be a good thing question really lies on which ones.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Shouldn't the question be did they prevent more people from becoming drug addicts then those that became addicted?

For that to be true you would have to assume that drug laws succeed in interdiction of a statistically significant portion of the drugs entering our nation. They don't. The DEA itself will tell you they stop less then 1%. Anyone in this nation with money and desire can procure drugs. And that will never change.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    People usually say they want to be with family when they're looking for a modification out of DOC. Once they're out, many of them are back to the drugs.

Problem in part, many come from broken families already, and their own children are usually born out of wedlock, scattered all over the Midwest, often already removed from the home and fostered out.

Society is in a bad way. The drug stuff is largely a symptom, and not an underlying cause.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    People usually say they want to be with family when they're looking for a modification out of DOC.

And, when they say it, they probably believe that it's true. I think we'd all be surprised how many times we all say things that aren't true. We are programmed pretty thoroughly to say the "right" thing. I suspect that all of us say things on a regular basis that aren't true and we don't even realize it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    And, when they say it, they probably believe that it's true. I think we'd all be surprised how many times we all say things that aren't true. We are programmed pretty thoroughly to say the "right" thing. I suspect that all of us say things on a regular basis that aren't true and we don't even realize it.

I'm sure some mean it when they say it.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm sure some mean it when they say it.

You are correct. Some do mean it.

I have seen people who had a parole hearing coming up start attending the Life Challenge or some other Christian group meeting in prison. They know that enough people have really meant it to make a difference, how ever small, in the board decision. I have had a man look me in the eye as he was walking out with his parole papers and throw his Bible away with a grin. Like every walk in life, there are some cons. On the other hand, I have kept up with some men who were sincere, who did change their way of thinking, that are doing pretty well. Their lives are full of more struggles than most will ever realize, but they are staying clean through the troubles. Just like with people who were never inside, some stumble even if they are trying, some don't.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Problem in part, many come from broken families already, and their own children are usually born out of wedlock, scattered all over the Midwest, often already removed from the home and fostered out.

Society is in a bad way. The drug stuff is largely a symptom, and not an underlying cause.

Totally agree with that. We can't fix the problem until we understand the root cause.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Unless you are speaking of the repeal of prohibition, the use of alcohol predates almost any organization or entity able to make laws.

I was referring to alcohol prohibition, yes. Ancient civilizations brewed alcohol and also used substances to relax and/or create hallucinations. They have gone hand in hand as a human obsession since the beginning.

Drugs and alcohol share all the same negative physical, emotional, familial, and societal effects. I have never seen a logical argument for why drugs should be legally handled any different than alcohol.

Top Bottom