• dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks guys.

Lamm, - Southern Indiana

Cyprant - Seems to be a range of $400-$1,000 to have a full mount done.

shadow- The black & white were both taken in the dark.

Ghuns - I've shot half a dozen reddish ones over the years, sold most of them to taxidermists. Never had one mounted for myself.
    DSC_0142.jpg

nice yote if you dont mind me asking which county down south. I have land in greene, owne and monroe. but yet get out to kill a yote or two

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks guys!

Nice!! Can you call them back to same area after killing one or do you have to change locations frequently?

Yes, they can be called numerous times if you're doing things right but there aren't many folks doing that.

This morning I called a family group up for the 3rd time this season. Killed one of them the first trip, missed one at 100 yards on the 2nd trip, and killed all three remaining coyotes this morning in a span of about 2 seconds (30 minutes into the stand). This was some tough shooting - all runners @ 125-200 yards- but it's good to purge an area of coyotes once in a while and see some fresh faces move back in. Should be a lot of fun there next fall.

Despite some poor shot placement and uncharacteristic bullet performance, it was a good "gearing down" day for late season. Killed 4 of 6 and let a grey fox walk at 30 yards (their season went out Friday).

2013-03-03_08-33-14_850_zps709f032a.jpg

Grelber, if you're looking to kill coyotes without a lot of time or money invested you should learn to snare. Otherwise, one of my old mentors killed dozens of coyotes with a blade of grass in his day. The hand calls I use are $10-$15.

Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    Very interesting post. I might have to try some calling. The older I got, the heavier the Deer I shot got. Time to switch to something lighter.

Dave

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Really, where at? I live off of Stop 18 and Averitt, haven't seen anything like that. I have seen a fox or two, though.

Might be something to think about... we have a couple dogs in a fenced-in yard. What would the reprocussions be for me to fire on a coyote in my backyard if I were to see one? Handgun, probably 50ft from Stop 18. Bad yeah?

Edit: Or I guess I could use .223

Still curious about this question, what are the legal ramifications to killing one in my backyard if it were to attack the dogs? Or are there better alternatives? Easily scared?

Dukshead

Marksman
    Rating - 90.5%
    19   2   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Southport
    Nice dog pics. Never seen a grayish/black one like that. There is a dull all orange one I am trying my best to take in southern Johnson Co. right now. Only seen him 3 times and got one shot off once. Will post pics if I am ever successful.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Still curious about this question, what are the legal ramifications to killing one in my backyard if it were to attack the dogs? Or are there better alternatives? Easily scared?

I think it really depends on your county. Also, if you live within city limits or out in county territory. I'd say find a local game warden or DNR rep and ask them.
    If you're out in the country and have neighbors that won't freak out over a gun shot -- then "a tree that falls in the woods with nobody around..."

Top Bottom